Looking for a bit of guidance

Steviestyle99

Dec 30, 2013
Lancaster County, Pa
I've got a 2007 CC/SB LMM. I'm experiencing extreme shaking when under load while driving, and it sounds like its missing when holding brake pedal and accelerating lightly. I had a friend check it out with his Snap-On scanner cause the check engine light is on. The code came up as a misfire on cyl 4. I replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the MAF sensor. He seems to think there's an issue with Cam sensor, has anyone ever experienced this?

Steviestyle99

Dec 30, 2013
Lancaster County, Pa
I have driven it since I replaced filter and cleaned maf, there has been no change. I have roughly 67,000 miles on the truck. I have instqlled an AFE stage 2 dry air filter intake system, duramileage tuner from powerupdiesel.biz, and also a diamond eye 5inch turbo back exhaust system. The tuner I have set on lowest power setting of 60, which also deletes dpf filter and turns off check engine light. The truck is my everyday driver, and I take care of her like my child. As far as looking at injector balance, I can access that with my tuner, I'm just not sure what the balances are supposed to look like, or what they look like when they malfunction. Any help is greatly appreciated.

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Take a picture of the balance rates whenever you check them and post it up here and we will be able to determine whether they are in spec or not. More then likely with that low of miles on that specific motor it shouldn't be injector issue but anything can happen!

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
Can you set the truck back to oem tuning and see if the problem is still there.

Would still have to have some kind of tune for having the DPF deleted... However I would def say making a tune that is exact stock configurations with just DPF deleted that would be well worth it!

Steviestyle99

Dec 30, 2013
Lancaster County, Pa
I will hopefully get a chance to check it out again this evening. I appreciate all your help and I'll post pics of the injector balances with a stock tune and only dpf delete. Hope you all have a Happy New Year!

hotdogstand

May 27, 2013
Norfolk, VA
If you have access to a scan tool that can command injectors, turn each one off one at a time and monitor for a drop in RPM. The one that doesnt make a difference is bad, as if wasn't contributing to the engine anyway hence no drop when commanded off.