Question: Looking at buying LBZ- What to look for?

FUNKBLASTER

Gunslinger
Jan 6, 2010
Rocklin, CA
Hey guys, going to upgrading from my 98 Z71 this week. I am finalizing the purchase of an 2007 LBZ CCSB 4X4. It has 60K on it, 40K left on factory warranty. Owned by a girl (who sucks at driving >dings), never touched a bolt on the thing. Dealer oil changes, maintainence, everything!

Anyways, what should I look for on the dmax? There are no fluid leaks whatsoever, under the hood is spotless. Drives great, fast as hell compared to my MPFI 350 in my truck now. Brakes feel good no shutter. Rides great.

What specifically should I look for? I may spend up to 26K on it, hopefully get it for 25K. What do you guys think about price? CA also so probably more than other areas.

Thanks!:beer

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Not much to look for-they are pretty sweet trucks and I'm sure you will love it.:thumb:

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
check for tranny lines leaking. steering shaft rattle. pump rub. visibly check dif fluid levels .

I'm sure theres more

FUNKBLASTER

Gunslinger
Jan 6, 2010
Rocklin, CA
x2 on the tranny lines. I've got 62,xxx on mine and they are leaking.

Hmm I will look at the tranny lines further before picking it up. I still have 40K on a factory warranty so either way if there leaking, there getting fixed.

Anyone with input on spending 26K for the truck? Seems to be right about blue-book for the truck.

Last edited:

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
These trucks hold their value, all around the country, especially the newer they are.

There is no way to check for t/case pump rub from just looking at it unless there is a leak.

The trans cooler lines leak up front under the right front side of the truck, they are cheap and easy to fix the parts like $35-40 and not bad to replace.

Like you said you still have the duration of the factory warranty for the expensive repairs.......If its the truck you want buy it!

FUNKBLASTER

Gunslinger
Jan 6, 2010
Rocklin, CA
Well I do want it but blue book is 25,300 and they want 26k for it. Is 700 over BB normal for a duramax? Ive been used to being well below blue book value for other vehicles I have purchased.

T2CH

<<<Me...Not My Wife...
Apr 30, 2008
Charlottesville, Va
Depends on how they priced it. If they are looking at retail and you are looking at private party than there is the difference. Try to get as close to private party as you can.
26K for that truck isn't bad if it is in good condition.
Make them an offer and go from there...