Lmm won't start?

young582

Nov 28, 2013
www.facebook.com
I have a 07 lmm it's -11 degrees here in ohio at work it wouldn't start do I plugged it in I'm trying to go home now and it won't even pop at all the light cones on for maybe 1 or 2 seconds anyone have any idea what's going on .. I know my last duramax always started off the glow plugs

xtremebikr04

Jan 17, 2011
Vermont
If I'm understanding you correctly, you plugged the truck in and now the glow plug light doesn't stay on for as long? If so that means your block heater is working and warming up the coolant. The length the glow plugs run is based off engine coolant temp.

young582

Nov 28, 2013
www.facebook.com
If I'm understanding you correctly, you plugged the truck in and now the glow plug light doesn't stay on for as long? If so that means your block heater is working and warming up the coolant. The length the glow plugs run is based off engine coolant temp.

No the light hardly comes on when it's not plugged in.. I know they are fast heating plugs but I think at -11 they would come in at least for a few seconds. I can't get it to start it's been plugged in for an hour can't even get it to pop at all and now my batteries are dead

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Think he meant its been sitting at work not plugged in.

Yes plug it in and give it a couple hours. Hopefully shes not gelled. Would help to get some jumper cables on there.

young582

Nov 28, 2013
www.facebook.com
Think he meant its been sitting at work not plugged in.

Yes plug it in and give it a couple hours. Hopefully shes not gelled. Would help to get some jumper cables on there.

It wouldn't start when I was leaving work so I plugged it in for 30 mins it started. Now I'm leaving my girlfriends and I can't even get it to pop off at all. I run that diesel 911 stuff always in the winter so I hope I'm not jelled up. It's been plugged in for over a hour now. Ill probably stay here. My main reason is why aren't the glow plugs working. The light comes on when key is first turned on with all the other lights ect but after that it goes out with all the other ones

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
sounds more like it's gelled then anything. my truck currently has a heater under it right now trying to thaw it out...

Did you have fuel additive in it?

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
First off 911 isn't an additive to prevent gelling its used to de-gel. Second the block heater doesn't warm the coolant. Third the glow plug light only comes on for a few seconds even when it's below 0.

You are either gelled or sucking air. If you don't have codes go check your fuel filter head. Pump the primer and see if it starts. It's probably sucking air or plugged filter.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
First off 911 isn't an additive to prevent gelling its used to de-gel. Second the block heater doesn't warm the coolant. Third the glow plug light only comes on for a few seconds even when it's below 0.

You are either gelled or sucking air. If you don't have codes go check your fuel filter head. Pump the primer and see if it starts. It's probably sucking air or plugged filter.

The block heater 100% does warm the coolant

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne

Please explain...

I bet its weak batteries.

Kappa9012

MAN.... I Broke it again.
Aug 5, 2008
Peoria Il
depends on cranking speed, the fact that its not even popping to me screams fuel gelling, but if it is turning pretty slow then it wont build enough compression to ignite in this cold.

PS guys pay attention to your bottles, PS is especially bad at this but if you read the small print above the dosage chart it says to double the amount when it's cold out, I think it says 20ºF

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I believe it only warms the oil. It's not like the 7.3 psd where when you plug it in it heats the coolant so the heater is hot when you fire it up.

No, the block heater is located in a freeze out plug port for the coolant. It will heat the oil some since the coolant gets warm. I not arguing with you about since I am 100% sure what the block heaters do, especially since in have actually seen, and removed and installed them