LMM missing

b_r_a_d_79

Aug 3, 2013
KY
I have a truck that is having some issues that seem to be electrical and wanted to see if anyone has ran into similar issues. The code that cannot be cleared is p0102. I've also gotten p0300 and a cam position code. I've watched the cam position on the scanner and it does not read anything. I've watched the 5v references since every code I'm getting comes out to be a 5v system when searching. Both 5v reference is at 0 on the scanner. I measure the voltage coming into the maf sensor and I'm reading 5v. I replaced the maf at first with no change. The engine starts missing once it reaches about 1500rpm and the engine power is reduced. The truck has fresh 40% over injectors and 10mm cp3 along with built transmission, PPEI tunes, airdog, s&b intake, wcfab egr delete with 3" bridge, 3" down pipe and straight exhaust.

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
I would be checking to make sure the harness going to cam sensor didn't get pinched or damaged during the recent work that was done.

I would also be checking the bale connectors above the driver side valve cover. Backed out, loose, or damaged pins can cause all sorts of really screwy issues.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

b_r_a_d_79

Aug 3, 2013
KY
Bale connects look good. In the process of getting things out of the way to get to can sensor

b_r_a_d_79

Aug 3, 2013
KY
So I've been on vacation for the past week and finally got to work on it again today. Got down to inspect wiring at the cam and crank sensors as well as the relucter ring. I swapped out a spare cam sensor just to try it out. When I started the truck to see if there was any change I noticed the balancer looked funny while spinning. I hadn't noticed this before because I left the fan and shroud out for the time being this time. So I pulled the belt and sure enough broke crank.

b_r_a_d_79

Aug 3, 2013
KY
Finally got the engine out and found the break. Have a shortblock sitting in the floor that's going back into it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 38