LMM Issues

exira

Mar 24, 2014
Seems as if the torque converter is staying locked, which im assuming is the solenoid in the tranny which is what i will try
THE BIG ISSUE
While in gear, the truck tries to take off which is more than likely the tc, but holding the brakes and holding wot, the truck will not gain rpm, like for some reason it is not fueling, i looked at the tune with efi and everything seems fine, even flashed with another tune.
driving normal, and taking off seem ok, when it gets to 1500 it will run perfect like it should and fuels just fine. pedal sensor 1,2,3 all read 100% at wot.

2008 crew dually duramax auto all stock

with the tc locked would the computer maybe not let it fuel since its not moving ?

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
If the TCC was locked, your engine would stall the second you put it in gear.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
When my transgo valve failed in my transmission my converter drug just like how your describing it. I had the same no-power issue also at idle. I believe it drops the rpms down so low it hits either an idle table or something in the ECM that ignores the throttle pedal. Kind of like when you crank it over, the ECM doesn't care whether you have the pedal floored or not.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Some 08's had an issue with excessive high idle or pto operation that caused the torque converter to grenade. Do you use high idle or pto functions regularly?

exira

Mar 24, 2014
negative on the pto or high idle
Thanks, Chevyburnout1 :thumb:
That def sounds like the issue, ill get in the valve body and check solenoids and do the transgo jr kit which solved a shift range inhibited on another truck i had!
Forgot to mention that while enabling the tc not moving in gear it made a little bit of chatter noise and never killed the truck.
ganna bring it in monday and ill let ya know how it goes!

Which tables would i be able to change with efi just so it will fuel for the time being?

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007
Quit using efi live to band aid or cover up problems so you can sell broken pieces of junk to people.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
The TCC needs to be replaced. After you find what is causing it to drag. Trans is prolly full of debris too.

exira

Mar 24, 2014
Quit using efi live to band aid or cover up problems so you can sell broken pieces of junk to people.

Well bud its a customers truck and he just wanted it "band aided" so he could pull tanks with it this weekend, thanks for the help tho!