Lmm Injector Removal????

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Hello all I am removing the Injectors on my LMM and having a tough time with cylinders 1,3,5. I got the rest of them out but these injectors are stuck in the bores? Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Randy.:confused:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Hello all I am removing the Injectors on my LMM and having a tough time with cylinders 1,3,5. I got the rest of them out but these injectors are stuck in the bores? Any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Randy.:confused:

pry bar under the hold down? try warming up the area around the injector?

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Ya, I had a pretty good size pry bar under the hold down. I am just worried I am about ready to break something. I usually do a pretty good job on something when I get western with it if you know what I mean. I thought about building some sort of slide hammer that would thread onto the injector threads and try to pop it out that way? Maybe I need to get a bigger pry bar and give it a bit more. I soaked it in liquid wrench a few minutes ago. I will let it soak overnight and hit it again tommorrow. Bummer I was gonna ship injectors off in the a.m. :confused:

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
You can't use liquid wrench cause the o ring will stop it from getting down in there. Use a pry bar under the hold down and behind the threads for the fuel line. If that dont work use a slide hammer with a cable wrapped around the hold down. If that doesn't work, get a tractor and put tension on the injector, remove the upper valve cover and pull the top of the injector out. Use a pipe wrench to twist the injector back and forth until it pops out.http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32128

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Well I got the injectors out & headed to Trent. I had to whale on the injector #3 and #5 with Snap On Injector puller that threads onto the high pressure tap. After 5 hours I got them out. They were carboned up real bad. I could not get the high pressure line off one of the injectors so I removed the Injector with the line still on the injector. I then put the injector in a vise and used a 17mm line wrench / crows foot with a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter and 1/2 breaker bar. It broke the threaded part that has metal tips that go into the casting and then appears to be pinned.

Is there any part to fix this or am I hosed and have to buy a new injector?:mad:

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Ya its a bummer I think that is what I will have to do. Called Industrial and DDP and they didnt sound like it was a serviceable part. I dont know why because it threads right out of the body but is pinned in? Anyhow hopefully all is good now. Thanks.:thumb:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Ya its a bummer I think that is what I will have to do. Called Industrial and DDP and they didnt sound like it was a serviceable part. I dont know why because it threads right out of the body but is pinned in? Anyhow hopefully all is good now. Thanks.:thumb:

call Exergy... they might be able to help you out. FYI II is not certified to work on Bosch components last I heard