LMM: Lmm HP Levels

Pwinland95

Jan 24, 2015
Illinois
Hey guys I'm just looking to see what power levels you are hitting in your lmm's. Trans is going under the knife finally funds permitting within this next month and I'm ready to squeeze the power out of mine. I am assuming I will see around the 600 mark with mine running marks 68 stg2r as long as I can hold good rail pressure. I'm curious to see if there are any recommendations for other parts I should throw on my rig. Going to possibly do mani's and up pipes if I come across the right deal. Should I look into a hot side pipe? What else do I need guys?

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Based off my time speed and weight I'm only at 515 with my lmm. I have ic pipes, tow flow up pipes, modded Lly charger with 10 blade turbine, tct compressor wheel, fingers vanes and port n polish.

My times were 13.07 102.90 mph at 6800 lbs

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
With that charger you really don't need anything else to crack 600+

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
You can squeeze 600 out of it with a healthy pump. Mine was on several dynos and it consistently made over 600 if the operator could get it to build boost. Your pushing it though, might get short rod syndrome or crack a piston. Some guys get lucky, some not so much...:rofl:

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
My timing and pw are very low and my stock cp3 is holding 25.5k at 636/1100 on Mark's dyno last winter. The in-person tune is amazing compared to even his emailed tunes. The truck is making more power and not working as hard. Mark stopped when pressure fell to 25.5k, to keep the whole setup as "safe" as can be expected at this level with a stock truck. I'm on stock up pipes and even my y-bridge is stock (with some straps to stop the blowout problem). I make 45psi and egts are good IMHO.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Forgot to answer your second question - you can make as much as me with stock injectors; the health of the cp3 is going to be more important. The only difference is that you'll need more pulse width and timing. I think Rancelot has a run on stock sticks where he made about the same.

Pwinland95

Jan 24, 2015
Illinois
Mark had my truck on his dyno last fall after I threw the stg2r in it. Even my big tune is only making about 480, didn't want a huge tune to run and tear up my trans. So it's finally time, pretty sure I want to go with Evans limitless converter

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I got mine before that trans was offered. I ran a 777 Suncoast and it was awful. The truck was dead off the line, then it would blow the tires off, and when lockup occurred under light throttle it was like getting hit in the back of the head with a brick. It would chuff the turbo like mad at light lockup too. Towing was worse when 2nd lockup kept driving me nuts. I switched to a Precision converter and it is awesome around town and at lockup at light throttle, but useless when I'd punch it - blows right through and rpm's just hang. So I added Ben's lockup box, and it's been a god-send. While in the auto mode, I have a converter that's is great everywhere.

After all that, and having to rely on a lockbox for daily driving, I have to say that Gi en the feedback I'm reading on the limitless, I'd go that route!!! I'm not flush enough to swap mine at this point, but if I was I would try it!

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I'm on my stock cp3. I can give a larger shot of fuel in shorter time, but really no more quantity of fuel compared to stock. My numbers for hp and boost should be the same. The difference might be a slight faster and dirtier spool, but that's it (aside from less p/w and timing of course). I did the tips to give less timing and p/w, but unless I put on a bigger pump, I would consider this stock fuel.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Mark had my truck on his dyno last fall after I threw the stg2r in it. Even my big tune is only making about 480, didn't want a huge tune to run and tear up my trans. So it's finally time, pretty sure I want to go with Evans limitless converter

Good converter/turbo combo there.^