Lmm Coolant Leak.

Tank222

Feb 17, 2010
Frederick,MD
So my 08 lmm sprung a leak. I did not notice it until my low level light came on the other day.
Drive side, it's coming down the block right behind the oil filter housing. I can not see where it's actually coming from. I can not see any thing from the top either, and can not feel any wet spot's up top. Any ideas?

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
I believe your oil cooler is right there could be that. Dumb question but have you checked the oil to see if it looks milky or smells like coolant?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Could be the heater hose line fitting that goes in the top of the oil cooler housing.

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
I just changed the oil and it looked good. I'll have to check it now.

Dex-Cool won't make your oil milky, it will turn it into sludge/gel.

I would check the line going up from the oil cooler and goes behind the engine and connects to a rubber line right above the turbo and EGR.

c55asleep

Apr 23, 2009
Miami,Fl
Dex-Cool won't make your oil milky, it will turn it into sludge/gel.

I would check the line going up from the oil cooler and goes behind the engine and connects to a rubber line right above the turbo and EGR.

Man that line is a pita! When I did my up-pipes I bent it to far at the base where the one screw holds it at the cooler and ended up having to weld a jic fitting and putting a braided line. It goes up and it's sucered with a bolt right next to the top side of the up-pipe. Might want to check there with a mirror.

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
Man that line is a pita! When I did my up-pipes I bent it to far at the base where the one screw holds it at the cooler and ended up having to weld a jic fitting and putting a braided line. It goes up and it's sucered with a bolt right next to the top side of the up-pipe. Might want to check there with a mirror.

Same thing happened to me. I bet it's leaking there also.