LMM: Boost Leak Testing

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Pull turbo inlet off. Plug it. We used 4" hose and a spool of MIG wire.
Hook up compressed air to anywhere in the pressure side. Water injection ports are perfect, so would a boost sensor port.
You will hear big leaks.

Attachments

• DSC00350.JPG
    DSC00350.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 118
  • DSC00352.JPG
    DSC00352.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 124
  • DSC00353.JPG
    DSC00353.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 185

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
You forgot about the duct tape on the center of the spool of welding wire lol. Thanks Pat for coming to the shop at 10 and staying with us until the early morning.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
You forgot about the duct tape on the center of the spool of welding wire lol. Thanks Pat for coming to the shop at 10 and staying with us until the early morning.

So did you wake up to race this morning ?

Gotta Love this pic :rofl: Jason (LBZrcks) Tommy (slowlmm) Ralph (LBZ DMAX)
BZ

attachment.php

Last edited:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
So did you wake up to race this morning ?

Gotta Love this pic :rofl: Jason (LBZrcks) Tommy (slowlmm) Ralph (LBZ DMAX)
BZ

attachment.php

I did eventually lol. got home around 4 went to sleep and woke up like at 9:30. Little too late to cruise out. I wasn't planning on racing this weekend anyways, too crowded.

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Thank you

I would like to thank you pat,kat once again for helping out loaning your shop and tools on short notice late at night on a fri.:) After getting ready to do a complete turbo swap we tracked down what was a hard boost leak to diagnose. and where able to test it with a little some make shift testing ports and found what has been a huge boost leak for a while now:eek: I thnk we drained a 80 gallon tank in under 5 mins or so :eek: Learn something new every day was a fun and verry late night for evry one and would also like to thank Pat Ralph jason and johny, And Dan PPE for geeting me a turbo and going above and beyond. for tuffing it out and make it all possible.:hug: And if any one needs a gasket made from Rope johnny Gasuout is your man :D Off to bed after up 40 hrs. and back to reacing tomarow :D

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I would like to thank you pat,kat once again for helping out loaning your shop and tools on short notice late at night on a fri.:) After getting ready to do a complete turbo swap we tracked down what was a hard boost leak to diagnose. and where able to test it with a little some make shift testing ports and found what has been a huge boost leak for a while now:eek: I thnk we drained a 80 gallon tank in under 5 mins or so :eek: Learn something new every day was a fun and verry late night for evry one and would also like to thank Pat Ralph jason and johny, And Dan PPE for geeting me a turbo and going above and beyond. for tuffing it out and make it all possible.:hug: And if any one needs a gasket made from Rope johnny Gasuout is your man :D Off to bed after up 40 hrs. and back to reacing tomarow :D

:welcome2:

Glad you guys where able to find the problem :D

vortecfcar

No longer a member
Jun 28, 2007
Damn Tommy,

That truck of yours has a bad habit of stealing sleep from everyone around it. Glad to hear you guys were able to track down the trouble spot and get it sorted out for the race.

"Teamwork! that's nice to see..." (-The goat)

Are there any pictures of this 'rope gasket'?

Nick