LML TCM quit on me

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
My 2011 LML bone stock tuning TCM quit on me this weekend. Limped it home and read p0700 with EFI.
By symptoms it is the TCM....shift range inhibited, no mark under gear, stuck in 3.
While idling and checking codes the truck in Park lever position the truck cycled through a few gears and reverse then went into neutral, no matter which position the lever was in.

question is if I buy a TCM, can I flash the initial tune and where can I get a full trans tune?

I have made changes to my LB7 TCM, but never gone from no tune to full stock flash.

Need some direction guys

Thanks

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I have not tried that yet. Ay work now, but will later. I assumed it would be corrupted if the TCM is not functioning correctly

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
I tried to order some tail lights on Rock Auto but they would not ship to me in California because of prop 65. Saying something like the seller has not provided documentation required by prop 65.

Last edited:

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
I tried to order on tail lights on Rock Auto but the would not ship to me in California because of prop 65. Saying something like the seller has not provided documentation required by prop 65.

interesting. I went back and reviewed comments on Amazon and saw others with the same complaint. The seller replied back said they in fact could ship. I suspect the seller probably did a sale outside of Amazon after seeing the comment.

fast03

Jun 15, 2008
Rancho Cucamonga
Finally getting back to this.
I have been gone for some time. one question someone might be able to answer is why would a bad tcm cause what seems to be a misfire, but does not thow a misfire code?
I have read other posts with people saying they get what seems to be a high idle and misfire when the tcm is bad.
Got my new tcm, but will have to limp it to a dealer for a flash.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
All the modules are tied into each other. A problem with one of them can cause eratic issues in another.