LML lift pump pressure/ thottle response

B1 596

Dmax rods cost how much..
Apr 30, 2010
Hudson N.H.
Is 10 lbs to much lift pump pressure ? Has anyone determined whats best ? This thing ( LML ) is an unresponsive pig...

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Most likely it's your tuning and not a lift pump issue for being unresponsive.

Edit: no offense against the tuner it's more of a available tables problem in the software then the tuners fault.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Maybe I better start over what is even done to the truck I asssumed it was tuned? :D

LML turbo control is complicated and I hate it, you mash the peddle and instead of closing the vains to make commanded boost like the earlier trucks these fukrs first open the vains up to "0" then come back into closing them to make boost then it sees something it doesn't like= turbo being over-speed, different lamda value, off it's map, to much much vain position compared to some unknown figure, to high of a MAF#, ect,ect, then it wigs the fuk out and opens the vains back up not making the commanded boost number :screwy:. There are things that can help in the tuning software thats available and some that are not, if that doesn't help you then lie to the ecm with a few tables but it's not the best way and the results still are far from the previous model trucks.

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
Maybe I better start over what is even done to the truck I asssumed it was tuned? :D

LML turbo control is complicated and I hate it, you mash the peddle and instead of closing the vains to make commanded boost like the earlier trucks these fukrs first open the vains up to "0" then come back into closing them to make boost then it sees something it doesn't like= turbo being over-speed, different lamda value, off it's map, to much much vain position compared to some unknown figure, to high of a MAF#, ect,ect, then it wigs the fuk out and opens the vains back up not making the commanded boost number :screwy:. There are things that can help in the tuning software thats available and some that are not, if that doesn't help you then lie to the ecm with a few tables but it's not the best way and the results still are far from the previous model trucks.
Man that explains a lot with my lml. What are the best options for a guy not wanting to do any major changes beyond say an "exhaust update" and tune for reliability?

Sent via Google Deplorable tracking services.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Man that explains a lot with my lml. What are the best options for a guy not wanting to do any major changes beyond say an "exhaust update" and tune for reliability?

I would say talk to a couple guys that run ridge runners and PPEI tunes get there opinion, I don't have any experience with there's so I couldn't tell you.

I only speak from what I found on my own and whats available in EFILive. I would have to see a data log from someone else to even believe they have a good handle on the turbo control, they will make commanded boost with enough work in the tune but they just don't do it like they earlier trucks they still go open on the vains to a set min that a guy can change but it comes at a cost of loss of control in the upper areas= overboost for a second or two if a guy gets to greedy. I want to see one that closes the vains up on wot and then opens the vains as boost is met not the opposite it pisses me off :D

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Here is a log of what's going on, my min vain is set around 30 so it won't drop below that and that's the best compromise I can get without overboosting. Without some work they will go to "0" then come back up or wig out and stay at 0-10% like were mine wigged and stayed at 30% in this log.

Attachments

• Boost.png
    Boost.png
    127 KB · Views: 42

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
Good info. Thanks. I will contact those you suggested. Not planning to do anything until spring, but want to be as informed as possible once I am ready.

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
I forgot to add if your truck is stock the lag is also due to the torque tables and the fact that the ecm will not fuel until the air is present to meet a certain lambda to keep the soot level reasonable for the dpf and keep regen frequency down.