LML check engine light

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
My truck rolled over 400 miles and driving last night the check engine light came on. The truck is running fine and I don't have my v2 anymore to check the codes( go figure). Does the check engine light have anything to do with regen? This is my first truck that has all the emissions to worry about so I'm new to all that. I am going to take it to the dealer tomorrow morning but I was just wondering so I don't look like a complete idiot.

NAFLASH

Aug 22, 2010
Remote start will not work when check engine light is on no matter what. Get a DTC reader. Or take it to the dealer?

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Beware of any CEL. If the problem is engine, regen will not work and you could be in trouble shortly. Read the code asap.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Call me if you need info. Code will help me.
I am getting a little tired of this touchy truck.:confused:

What do you mean, Mike? I haven't heard much good or bad about the new LML trucks. Have you been having problems with your truck?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
What do you mean, Mike? I haven't heard much good or bad about the new LML trucks. Have you been having problems with your truck?

Josh
No more than I deserve with what i have been doing with it. It is a touchy SOB and when you see a CEL you better fix it fast before it leaves you stranded. It makes all kinds of noises driving and after you shut it off. Don't know if any tuning will give this thing power under 2K. It has a real dead spot at 1800 rpm in 4th gear that gets really hairy if you are trying to spool up and run. Don't even think about an aftermarket converter because there is none that won't make this problem worse.
I asked Crafty1 on DP ( engineer at Allison ) why GM used such a loose converter when I bought mine and he said that GM was afraid the turbo wouldn't spool at high altitudes. After owning my truck I totaly agree. It won't spool at sea level at times. I am tired of the regen and I am tired of the compass reading 180 deg off while in regen. The only time I needed the compass was when I got a little lost at McRats house and the bastard was in regen. :roflmao: Jason helped me out.:hug:
It's a very nice truck and it does a lot of things better than my '04. I will sell it next year and get an LBZ. Then I will go buy my ZL1 and start cruising McRats house till it drives him crazy. :roflmao::D

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Mike, I test drove a few before I bought mine. Some were incredibly doggy but the one that I got is getting better by the day. Almost have 1000 miles on it and the MPG is starting to go up. Can't complain about any dead spots or poor power off the line either. Sitting at 2000' elevation and when you put the hammer down she wakes up.

My only complaint is that the ride and power delivery are so silky smooth that 90 MPH feels like 70 MPH. And I know thats gonna get me in trouble sooner or later. I find myself doing 10-15 over the speed limit and not even realizing it.

On the Droid X

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Mike, I test drove a few before I bought mine. Some were incredibly doggy but the one that I got is getting better by the day. Almost have 1000 miles on it and the MPG is starting to go up. Can't complain about any dead spots or poor power off the line either. Sitting at 2000' elevation and when you put the hammer down she wakes up.

My only complaint is that the ride and power delivery are so silky smooth that 90 MPH feels like 70 MPH. And I know thats gonna get me in trouble sooner or later. I find myself doing 10-15 over the speed limit and not even realizing it.

On the Droid X

I agree with the smooth power. My truck finds 80+ MPH real quick and stays there like it found its sweet spot.
If you get a chance give me a call or I'll call you. Thanks.

Texas Chevy

Feb 14, 2011
Vista, Ca
Update. Dealer pulled the codes it threw three separate codes and the tech only remembered one off head said he would get back to me when they track it down but the main code was dealing with the knock sensor.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Kinda odd. GM's service information says that code isn't associated with a 2011 LML. But I may be missing something. Especially if there are two other codes stored as well.