LLY electrical questions

citadel

Jan 2, 2008
TN
Hello again-

I have an electrical issue with my truck and I'm hoping someone has had experience with it or might know where to go. Sometimes when I stop and turn off the truck, and open the door, the radio will keep playing even though the key is out. Sometimes I have to close and open the door to get it to turn off, sometimes I have to cycle the key on and off, at worst, just pull the radio fuse. Its a pain in the butt. Then the other day, I'm driving and all my gauges go to zero and lights come on, just like when you first put in your key. This is the second time I've had this issue. I noticed it after I installed an edge evolution cts2. I was eventually able to fix it by disconnecting the edge and then replacing the ignition switch. It's been a while and I started using the edge again and the issue came back. I'm wondering if the edge is somehow ruining the ignition switch, or if there is some other factor like chafed wires, loose pins, or even a dying bcm. I'm about to dive into some major maintenance on the truck, and can check all kinds of things while I'm there. I'll be replacing the evolution with an insight. I also have efilive on the way. If I have to order a new bcm, do I have to get it flashed at the dealer or can I use efilive to set it? Thanks in advance for any help. I'm also attaching a picture of my dash if it helps at all.

Attachments

• IMG_2864.jpg
    IMG_2864.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 22

830king

Oct 24, 2013
Central MN
The radio playing after key is turned is normal, it should shut off after 10 minutes or so. Normally it would shut off when you open a door but your switch in the latch must be getting wore or sticky. My dad has 2 duramaxs and they both do that sometimes. I don't have a clue about the other problems and I doubt they are related to the door latch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
What 830king said. The switch in your latch is worn and flaky. Mine does the same thing. Opening and closing the door almost always shuts it off for me. Otherwise itll shut off in 10 minutes.

My CTS was doing the same thing until the latch was replaced.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

sixsixkid1

On a Time Out
Jan 14, 2011
butler pa
Mine was doing sort of the same thing with the gauges. Turned out to be a bad connection on one of the batteries, cleaned everything and haven't had an issue since.

joecool752

Jun 3, 2017
Could be a bad ground connection for the other problem the radio should shut down after 10 minutes

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk