LLY: List of WANTS and NEEDS!!

2thamax

Got ft. lbs?
Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Just looking to get a list from everyone who doesn't mind...of how they started their truck. I've been saving up some cash for awhile and it's about time to drop it :D Only thing so far is a Edge chip obviously it's getting taken out for the Live. My next obligation is a built tranny already had mine slip bad a few times with extreme mode lol. I'm looking to have around 750 hp when she's all said and done and go for more later on down the road. So basically what I'm asking for is just opinions on what to get after the tranny (part/ manufacture). Keep in mind everything I'll need suspension, drivetrain, and what not to support the power. Thanks alot for everyone who has some extra time!

delong_1

<< my work
Dec 5, 2008
Arvada, CO
i would say do some searching around here, 750 will kill your stock motor in a hurry. also i see fuel mods in your sig but no turbo.

start with a lift pump, good tuning, gauges, built trans and go from there.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I think once you spend some time reading around here you will find that 750hp is a lot tougher than it would seem. I would start out shooting for 600 and see how that works for you. A lot of people shoot high to start then realize mid 500s will get you moving in a hurry.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I think once you spend some time reading around here you will find that 750hp is a lot tougher than it would seem. I would start out shooting for 600 and see how that works for you.

well getting there is easy, making it last is hard :D

(^^thats what she said^^)

2thamax

Got ft. lbs?
Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
haha well put...yea I want it done right for sure. The 750 isn't a next day thing lol just implying thats where I would like to be one day. On another note would you recommend twins?! Using mine and adding a larger one or just one inbetweener?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
built trans
lift pump
built motor
bigger injectors (atleast 45% overs)
twin turbos or a big single
new intercooler (stock ones blowout on the bottom corners)
dual fuelers
straight centerlink or atleast cognito braces
sleeved tie rods
axle wrap bars of some sort
egr blocked
PCV reroute
EFI Live
and i think thats the jist of it

How much you want to do to the motor is up to you. same deal with the trans

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
I started with edge ez and now 10K in parts later I'm knockin on 600's door. a little more tuning and I"m sure i could break into it but still no studs and stock fuel system so far. and that 10K is no labor just me doing the work.

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
I don't want to add up what I have into mine for parts....I miss just having a used Edge programmer on it for $300 lol

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Built Trans, Lift Pump, EGR Delete, Turbo back exhaust and EFI live. Once you've done that see if you still need more. Then be prepared to sell a kidney.

2thamax

Got ft. lbs?
Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Haha I bet! I got my Edge for free my buddy traded in his duramax for a newer one..good ol hand me down but it's about time I start spending on it. It's either my truck or get married, so obviously I'm going with my truck. At least I can get performance from her when I want it haha :hug:

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Haha I bet! I got my Edge for free my buddy traded in his duramax for a newer one..good ol hand me down but it's about time I start spending on it. It's either my truck or get married, so obviously I'm going with my truck. At least I can get performance from her when I want it haha :hug:

Lift pump
40% overs
Efi live
Pcv reroute
Egr block
Big single/twins + studs
Built trans+ converter
Upgrade cp3

That's all quite a bit of cash but it would make for a hell of a ride. And nice avatar :D

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
Lift pump
40% overs
Efi live
Pcv reroute
Egr block
Big single/twins + studs
Built trans+ converter
Upgrade cp3

That's all quite a bit of cash but it would make for a hell of a ride. And nice avatar :D

It would be even more cash when the rods exited the block.

02CCSB

Built
May 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
I went trans, lift pump, big tune and then started adding everything else.

550/1000 is pretty damn quick on the street with a quick spooling turbo. Even with the big SSBC brakes and tri piston calipers it can be scary if I have to pull her down from 100mph in a hurry...

Taking that next step, built motor, compounds, injectors, dual fuelers, it's a $25k proposition and just not for me...