Limped my SDP built trans

TrapCity

Oct 24, 2016
The other day on an empty road for no particular reason went to WOT from a 10mph roll. Once the boost really came in threw a p0700 code. I've had the built trans by SDP for nearly two years. I didn't break over 500rwhp until a few months ago. Dynoed at 525hp and 948tq. Never been to the strip or anything and only occasionally romp on it. Opinions? Course of action? I'll get my Sig filled out.
Thanks everyone

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
What was the actual trans code? Did you by any chance have any tire spin or go from a small tune to a large tune without letting the transmission adjust?

TrapCity

Oct 24, 2016
It was on my big tune, didn't switch right before hand, I generally leave it there because surprisingly that's where my best fuel mileage is. No tire spin. Didn't make it there before limping out. My monitor showed p0700-TCM requested illumination of MIL. That's all I got

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
You need to get a better scan tool to pull the codes from the tcm.

TrapCity

Oct 24, 2016
We have some pretty badass scan tools at work. I'll see if it'll pull the code. Then give Scott a call. I'll post when I see what the code is. Thanks for all the quick replies

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
We have some pretty badass scan tools at work. I'll see if it'll pull the code. Then give Scott a call. I'll post when I see what the code is. Thanks for all the quick replies

You should keep that info between you and your builder. Codes thrown on a built trans are not always accurate.

TrapCity

Oct 24, 2016
Hey guys, update on my trans issue. My trans never slipped or entered limp mode again but there's still a big problem. Trans fluid looked fine the day it happened. A couple of days later I check it again after a low coolant message on the dash and it's extremely Over filled and light pink. After further inspection it turns out my transmission is filling with coolant.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
You need to get yourself a new radiator and flush the heck out of the transmission/cooler and change both filters and hope you didn't polish the steels to bad inside.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You need to get yourself a new radiator and flush the heck out of the transmission/cooler and change both filters and hope you didn't polish the steels to bad inside.

Problem isn't polishing the steels so much as boiling the paper lining of the frictions.

TrapCity

Oct 24, 2016

Got a new radiator, filters and fluids on the way. Parked the truck. Crossing my fingers I didn't gut this trans.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Yep been there myself. All the clutches are ruined, including the ones in the converter.:(

SDP

AKA Dmax15
Dec 20, 2008
Port Angeles, WA
Bring the truck back in for a refresh/cleaning Trapper. I just sent you an email. As always, feel free to call or email me if you need any help!