Lift pump for lmm

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Hey guys...I am new to the whole upgrading the D-Max's and I am buying EFI Live Autocal, turbo back exhaust, CTS monitor, Transgo shiftkit. I am wanting to top it off with a lift pump. Which brand is the best for the money? Also, I am not a superman mechanic, but which pump is easier to install? I am going to be pushing mild tunes. Do I need to buy ported fuel fitting and shim kit with a lift pump? Let me know what your thoughts are. Thanks.:thumb:

taylorbok

Jan 31, 2011
Air dogs have been a hot ticket lately and are pretty simple to install, a 165 should supply your needs and then some. you should be fine with the stock rail fitting, some people may recommend the shim kit, I would see how you do with out it first.

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
whatever lift pump you get FASS or AIRDOG......

FILL OUT THE WARRANTY CARD AND MAIL IT BACK IN!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a matter of "if" the pump burns up, its a matter of "when"

taylorbok

Jan 31, 2011
whatever lift pump you get FASS or AIRDOG......

FILL OUT THE WARRANTY CARD AND MAIL IT BACK IN!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a matter of "if" the pump burns up, its a matter of "when"

I agree with this. I had one stop working on me. Didn't go great for me

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Get one that comes with filters since your factory filter is only good to 35-40gph. Unless you do your own filter set up.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Get one that comes with filters since your factory filter is only good to 35-40gph. Unless you do your own filter set up.

Cant I just go with like a FASS 150 gph? What is the advantage/disadvantage to going with the single FASS all in one filter/water separator and the one that has two filters? Won't I need to also buy stock fuel filter bypass kit that eliminates the stock filter? How hard was the install for you guys? I am just a novice at this sort of thing.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I have Kennedy pumps, super quite, nice harness and has an oil pressure shutdown, as well as a primer button for fuel filter changes :thumb:

If you want purely plug n play, Airdog would get my vote. Don't worry about bypassing the stock filter head for now.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I built my own... In my opinion the Cat filters are some of the best available, for the money they can't be beat. My thread shows a PPE pump, it now has a BD Flow-max, all I can say is wow what a pump! Ultra quiet, awesome harness, rubber isolators, nice fittings, Multiple springs for high or low pressure, plug and play, Very Robust compared to others, Georotor pump, good warranty. Dang I like that pump:D Anywho, easiest will be Fass or Airdog with filters. However Fuelabs new velocity series are supposed to be some bad sobs.
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33017