Help: Lift kit swap

tsd_billy

Apr 5, 2016
oklahoma city
Swapping a buddy my stock suspension from a 2003 lb7 to his 6" rough country from his 2006 lbz and was wondering what ill be needing To do the swap. Have everything tool wise just not sure if ill have to come up with parts i dont have etc etc. I plan on swapping the gearboxes so i don't have to cut mine and he doesn't have to weld on his

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
you mean swapping front diff's correct?

you will need to weld the rear crossmember support back on that the lower rear diff ear mounts too. it will get cut off of your truck to put the lift on. Unless his kit is the lift that requires no cutting (newer style lift from them)

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
Just make sure you measure the crossmember stub that's left on your buddies truck before cutting it off of your truck. Mine ended up with about a 3/8-1/2" gap because mine was cut in a different place then the junkyard one I got.

bml2200

Oct 16, 2008
IL
I've done this with another person on the forum, you will need to give your buddy the rear support of the front differential that you cut off and depending on the lift (which it looks like from the pictures from RC) you will need to give him your factory knuckles. Also he will need your CV axle bolts.