LED Headlights?

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Saw some the other day. Wondering who's running LED headlights and how they like them. Truth is I'm tired of these hids waiting for them to warm up and not staying on during starting cycle. Their just a hassle. Also how well do these work with projection lenses? I like my housing!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
We have used the superbright led conversion kids and had good luck with them.. About $100 a set I think..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
The ones with the fans attached to them won't fit classic body trucks.. Unsure about nbs..

countrycorey

Trust Me I'm an Engineer
Jan 30, 2010
LA
I have a set from FireWire LEDs and I really like them so far, much better than my old HIDs

Corey

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I've got leds in my fogs and they're bright! I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
I have the led bulbs for fog lights. At one time I was looking to add fogs and use them but never got around to finding fog housings. I'm not even sure where the switch would be for them. My model didn't come with fogs but the wiring is still ran for it.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I have the led bulbs for fog lights. At one time I was looking to add fogs and use them but never got around to finding fog housings. I'm not even sure where the switch would be for them. My model didn't come with fogs but the wiring is still ran for it.

Fog and high beam bulbs should interchange. I ran high beam bulbs in my fogs and just had to make one tab narrower. The switch goes under the cargo light button. It's one piece.

I've though about adding led highbeams also but I'm using HIR bulbs for now. Used them in the fogs too but they don't last long there. Too much vibration I guess.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Yes to long

By the time I was done recessing my projectors they didn't fit anymore either. They probably protrude about the same amount as leds do. Nothing a Sawzall couldn't fix.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Run a relay harness for your cheap hids and it will solve your problems. I still like my eBay hids over the 200$ set of leds I had. Had issues with hids till I put a relay in and problem solved. Costs 10$ but get the one that goes to both ballast not just one.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
That would also work. A lot of nbs trucks have the drl for the headlights that run at half power I pulled the fuse on mine for that. Everything still works besides the headlights on during the day unless I turn them on. My auto lights still work when it starts to get dark outside.

Billsbar

Apr 30, 2016
Well hell I was just looking at the superbright led.com LED's with the fan an hour ago and was going to order them. But after reading all of this I guess they won't fit my 06 I will continue my search for more light.

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
Far East LA - aka Phoenix
I run the Putco Nite-Lux LED lights in my low and high beams and I love them. They do not have a fan on them as they use a mesh webbing to dissipate the heat. As a transporter, I drive over 11K miles a month and I got tired of constantly changing out my burnt low beam bulbs. I switched to these a year ago and I have not had 1 problem with them since. You can buy them on Amazon, too.

Hoffie

Mar 10, 2015
Far East LA - aka Phoenix
Pulling the drl fuses will help with longevity of your lights. Regular headlamp bulbs have a run life of about 1000hrs before the bulb burns out. LED's have a run life of 100k hrs. I don't know what HID's have for run life. The 2011 and newer have 2 fuses - a leftside and rightside. The auto feature still works even after the fuses have been pulled.