Leaking diesel fuel and transmission fluid

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Well, so I decided it was a good idea to finish up my fuel system for now with putting in my ported PPE fuel rail fitting and then do the fuel filter delete kit since I have my lift pump in already. I did both per instructions and I started out with a decent leak at the filter housing and then I tightened up the delete cap further which made the leak stop. I now have a steady stream of diesel dripping from the transmission housing and I'm confused why it's leaking in that area and not sure what would have happened???I tried looking at the fittings and can't seem to find any leaksfrom them...WTH...To boot, my front transmission lines are leaking and I didn't notice that before. I wanna say I say a recall notice for this mailed to me???One of those really irritating days when you open a can of worms. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks guys.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
High pressure fuel line is leaking probably at the ported fitting you put in. The fuel runs down the center valley of the engine and off either side of the trans usually the left side.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
High pressure fuel line is leaking probably at the ported fitting you put in. The fuel runs down the center valley of the engine and off either side of the trans usually the left side.

It's wierd...I tightened to torque spec....can't visually see any leak from fitting

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
It's wierd...I tightened to torque spec....can't visually see any leak from fitting

However , when I pulled the high pressure line, the lower fitting came off with the line...I put it back in before reinstalling , but was a b**** to tighten due to it's location...maybe it's coming from there??? A dealership trip might be in order...FML

Last edited:

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
It's coming from one of the lines or fitting you had apart. You may have torn one of the low pressure lines going across the valley, but I don't know what all you had apart.

The dealer will replace the trans lines once. But they will eventually leak again.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
It's coming from one of the lines or fitting you had apart. You may have torn one of the low pressure lines going across the valley, but I don't know what all you had apart.

The dealer will replace the trans lines once. But they will eventually leak again.

Just took out the high pressure line and had the lower fitting attached to it...had to bust the fitting loose from line after I got it pulled...then I replaced the fuel rail fitting and reinstalled the lower fitting and then the fuel line and buttoned back up... didn't mess with any of the low pressure side stuff???Just followed the directions from PPE

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Nothing is leaking on the cp3 either?? I'd bet your fitting you just installed is loose.

Nope, nothing on CP3 is leaking...I can see residual fuel along the base of the lower fitting that didn't separate from the line when I initially pulled...couldn't really fit much of anything in there to tighten ridiculously tight due to the access being really restricted...:confused:

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
So, I put the truck in the shop because I don't have time to dig into it myself. Just labor alone with dye to find the leak, I'm up to $2,700. They are saying it's either the CP3 or a line running to it. I'm so screwed :(

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
I can't do the shop thing. It's probly the line

It was actually both. Total bill will be just under $4,000 and I called to get a status and now they are trying to find out why it has no oil pressure after fixing everything. I'm thinking that the mechanic may have gouged a wire or sensor and didn't realize it??? Still waiting on my damn truck

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
Never know anymore, dealerships can be sketchy sometimes

They made mention of how caked up my intake was at the turbo. I looked at it and it is pretty caked up....what do yall use to clean out the pipes and get the tar/soot out? I need to do a pcv reroute to help correct this issue???

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
The only way to clean it all is to take it apart. You can leave either the egr or the pcv but not both or you get the build up, or re route the pcv and delete the egr both together and it will be spotless.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
So, the dealer is saying my turbo is shot. I had it towed there and because they say they didnt do a pre test drive they aren't responsible. I had my truck running when it was leaking diesel and had not turbo noise and now when I build boost at the high end it let's out this god awful sound. I think they screwed it up. I'm at a total loss and totally out of money.

Last edited: