leaking antifreeze

andystrackhoe

Dec 22, 2012
have a question about 2006 duramax 3500 went out this morning and was dripping antifreeze out between motor and bellhousing filled resivor and went for a ride it got up ot temp and the leak has stoped im letting it cool down right now to see if it starts leaking again is this a bad problem

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Well its never good it could be leaking from the small coolant plate on the passenger side right under where the manifold and uppipe bolt together.could be a turbo coolant line seeping a little dripping in the valley and then running down where the trans and motor bolt together.Id pull the passenger side inner fender and start by checking the coolant plate on the rear housing.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Mine was leaking pretty bad about 2 weeks ago. So over about a week period i was trying one thing at a time to no prevail. My valley was full of coolant and was leaking down the back of the block and down the bell housing. Ended up pulling the turbo, y bridge and just about everything else on top of the motor to figure it out. I inspected every single hose and couldnt see any leaks!! No hoses were damaged or anything. While i was there i bypassed the egr cooler and just ran a line from the t stat housing straight to the heater core. Put it all back together and what do you know...it doesnt leak anymore. I would guess that a clamp was loose somewhere and me taking it apart and resetting it must have fixed it. Kindq sucks i cant say exactly which one it was

HvyDty

Jan 10, 2013
California
Had a puddle of coolant under the truck. Tried to find the leak and couldn't pin point the problem. The skid plate was soaked with coolant. Took the truck to the dealer and they said it was the water pump which is on the back of the motor. I can't believe the water pump is already leaking I only have 65,000 miles on my 2500HD 2006?:confused:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Had a puddle of coolant under the truck. Tried to find the leak and couldn't pin point the problem. The skid plate was soaked with coolant. Took the truck to the dealer and they said it was the water pump which is on the back of the motor. I can't believe the water pump is already leaking I only have 65,000 miles on my 2500HD 2006?:confused:

The water pump is on the front of the motor you are probably tbinking the oil/coolant box is the w/p.It diffi ult to see the weep hole on tue dmax you need a flashlite and an inspection mirror to see the bottom of the w/p where the weep hole is.I woukd try and see if the clamos are loose cold weather makes stuff shrink up a touch and it may just be seaping a bit.I find it hard to believe also that the pump is bad bt I ha ve seen stranver things also.Good luck.

dracing70

SH--- GETTING EXPENSIVE!
Jun 12, 2007
mantua, oh
Take a flashlight and look at engine valley if turbo is leaking it should b puddled up. If not Iv had the oil cooler leak were the cooler meets the tranny adapter as well as previously stated the passenger side inspection cover. Pull both fender wells

derek06

Feb 6, 2012
massachusetts
Mine leaks on the passengers side and havnt found the leak yet does it in the summer time when the ac is on... Did it the other day I cracked open the over flow cap let some pressure out and turned on my heat let it sit there for 30+ minutes didn't leak again going to check the plate and see if its that over the winter some time.

HvyDty

Jan 10, 2013
California
Correct The water pump is on the front of the motor. The dealer told me it was on the back off the motor:banghead: Well I picked the truck after they replaced the water pump on the front of the motor:thumb: rove it 60 miles came home parked it went out the next morning to a puddle of coolant :cussing: time to take it back to the dealer. WTF!!!