lbz tranny lines

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
I m thinkin about replacing my current tranny lines on my 06 duramax with hydraulic lines and the boss style fittings, do you guys know what size the fittings are? Also should I run 1/2 inch or 5/8 hydraulic lines? Thanks

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I m thinkin about replacing my current tranny lines on my 06 duramax with hydraulic lines and the boss style fittings, do you guys know what size the fittings are? Also should I run 1/2 inch or 5/8 hydraulic lines? Thanks

Run 5/8 lines.

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
Do you know what size the fittings are and which ones need 907 and 454 and straight?

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
I used -10 AN fittings from Parker for about 2000 miles with hoses rated at 300 psi. So far no complaints. I do plan on getting some stainless steel braided lines when I get back from leave.

jevanb

Feb 28, 2011
montrose, michigan
I was planning on making my own but nobody has the p/n for the AN fittings and the lengths. We have the mandrel s at work to make lines up to AN-14, and lots of aeroquip steel braided cloth covered . Airplanes blow then a lot. If anybody has the thread pitch and size on the cooler and trans that would help plus the total lengths. Then I will make them up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
http://fleeceperformance.com/allison-transmission-cooler-lines.html

This gives the trans fitting sizes. 7/8 x 14 ORB. I used AN fittings on mine, very clean install.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was planning on making my own but nobody has the p/n for the AN fittings and the lengths. We have the mandrel s at work to make lines up to AN-14, and lots of aeroquip steel braided. Airplanes blow then a lot. If anybody has the thread pitch and size on the cooler and trans that would help plus the total lengths. Then I will make them up

Are these the correct ones above highlighted.?

jevanb

Feb 28, 2011
montrose, michigan
Tks, I will have to order the fittings because acft don't use this short fitting, prob because everything is 3000 psi

Moneywellspent

Dec 27, 2013
Idaho
How much did it cost u guys for the parker kits

I only picked up 1ft for each side because I did an aftermarket trans cooler. But with all the compression fittings and everything to make it work I paid like 110. I guess it's just something you have to price out. The drp kits from alligator are really nice though and I guess they go through some internal jet cleaning process now? The quality is there

Teamvi

Oct 26, 2011
I went ahead and ordered the 5/8 drp kit from alligator. also got some other parts like the trans go jr. anyone install one of these yet? heard they help

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
Are these the correct ones above highlighted.?
Sorry I didn't see this, yes that is the thread for the trans and the radiator fittings. The radiator uses concave washers, which hold the trans cooling section. You have to use these again. Don't take both stock fittings out at the same time or the trans gear exchanger will fall into the radiator end and you will lose a bunch of coolant.

The AN size is -10.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk