LBZ: LBZ Help!

dmaxbitt

Hook 'Em
Mar 22, 2012
Fort Loudon, PA
Every now and then after I have been driving a while...if I punch it..she goes, but then will not go over 2000 rpms unless I shut her off and let her cool down. This has happened 3 times in the last 2 months. Any ideas on what this is? I am running all stock except a QuadZilla Stealth II tuner, set on 90hp. Thanks Y'all.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
codes? that will tell you alot.
could be fuel limp. when was the last time you changed the fuel filter?

muhasamituffie

Dec 24, 2010
mine did that a few months back and it was my INJECTORS! but i first took it to the stealer ship and they told me it was the injection pump so 3k later i get an injection pump installed and it still did it so i took it to a different shop and 8 new injectors and liftpump she was runnin! check your injectors n injection pump if you have scrubbed your injectors maybe buy yourlsef a lift pump too

dmaxbitt

Hook 'Em
Mar 22, 2012
Fort Loudon, PA
Filter replaced.....what is the we part on the bottom of the filter with 2 wires? My blue wire is off.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Filter replaced.....what is the we part on the bottom of the filter with 2 wires? My blue wire is off.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Those are water in fuel sensor wires. It won't hurt anything. I replaced my sensor with an aluminum plug.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
might try going back to stock tuning and see what happens

x2.
Mine would do that exact same thing once in awhile on certain tunes. No idea why. Other tunes would be fine-same fuel timing etc. Almost like a bug in the ecm that happened when I flashed it.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
might try going back to stock tuning and see what happens

x2.
Mine would do that exact same thing once in awhile on certain tunes. No idea why. Other tunes would be fine-same fuel timing etc. Almost like a bug in the ecm that happened when I flashed it.

dmaxbitt

Hook 'Em
Mar 22, 2012
Fort Loudon, PA
Dang it...thought I had it fixed. Started doing it again. Acts like the rev limiter is stuck at 2000 rpm...doesn't down shift....grrrr.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

dmaxbitt

Hook 'Em
Mar 22, 2012
Fort Loudon, PA
And now I'm getting the 0087 code :(..didn't start until this cold weather (-28-0 °) started. Tried the 911 additive and doesn't seem to have helped. Suggestions?

trashygasman

Slowly but Surely
Dec 18, 2008
Washington, OK
Low fuel rail pressure. Your tune is commanding more pressure than the pump can supply. You can either shim you FPRV or put a race valve in or add a lift pump. I ended up having to go with a lift pump after mine still did it with a race valve.

Once it starts it only gets worse.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I wouldn't jump into doing some mods when you don't even know what the problem is. You need to have the truck diagnosed.

HDLBZ

Dec 21, 2013
Waynesboro, Pa
Changed tune back to 70hp....revs right now...guess it's a mystery:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
My truck is doing the same thing only does it every now and then ,already replaced the inj. pump and added a air dog 150 still not fixed the injectors checked out fine my next step is to reflash the ECM or replace it with a pre programed one with a switch .

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
My truck is doing the same thing only does it every now and then ,already replaced the inj. pump and added a air dog 150 still not fixed the injectors checked out fine my next step is to reflash the ECM or replace it with a pre programed one with a switch .

How did you check the injectors?