Lbz duramax or lmm!?!?

martin53

Feb 28, 2015
Looking to buy a new truck im looking to either et a lbz or a lmm. Plan on putting a 7 inch bds with 37s efi life & a nee fuel system , fass or air dog idk yet but cant decide if i want a lbz or a lmm please help!?

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Depends do you want to spend extra to delete all the emissions crap or not. Personally I think the lbz looks better and I think the interior is better on the lbz, the lmm seems really cheap and is noisy.

As far as base mechanical goes they are pretty much the same

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
Basically the same thing once deleted. Choose the body style you like more. I like my lmm better based on the interior and exterior looks/comforts

martin53

Feb 28, 2015
I feel like straight pipe 5 inch ? Down pipe with efi would sound louder on the lbz. Is that true? What exactly is dpf and egr and how do you delete it

bml2200

Oct 16, 2008
IL
Depends do you want to spend extra to delete all the emissions crap or not. Personally I think the lbz looks better and I think the interior is better on the lbz, the lmm seems really cheap and is noisy.

As far as base mechanical goes they are pretty much the same

How do you figure you spend more deleting emissions? The same exhaust will fit both a LBZ and a LMM.

cdbright

JUST RENT IT
Dec 16, 2008
Salt Lake City, UT
LMM inside is sweet (if its LTZ) and yes it will be easier to sell or will hold a better trade in value since it is the newer body style. I have had 2 and loved both of them:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
I have had em all up to LMM. They all have pros and cons. I like the LMM better than the LBZ. Better looking once tricked out and better interior. LBZ interior outdated old school.

1SloLMM

Oct 25, 2014
Sioux City, IA
Efi for tuning. Either pump is fine. I have mbrp dp and 5 in exhaust and it sounds nice and deep. You get rid of the dpf with turbo back exhaust. Block the egr.

Frankin_truck

Nov 22, 2013
I have had a lb7, lly, Lbz, lmm. I love the interior (slt or ltz) on the lmm and General exterior looks of the lmm over the others. The only down side to the lmm is they are very fussy with tuning and love to go into "reduced engine power" mode a lot easier them others years but that can all be figured out with a good tuner :thumb:

martin53

Feb 28, 2015
With an exhaust only, it sounds like cats ****ing. With a full exhaust with the down pipe it is a lot deeper.

What do you mean. Here is what i want. Egr & dpf delete, so straight pipe 5 inch, to a 8 inch tip. I want loud & deep. Turbo back or a down pipe?