lb7 "stutter" under acceleration.

Jordan715

Nov 3, 2023
waupaca
Ive got a 2002 lb7, its got compounds,sump,lift pump,efi live,factory injectors. Just started having issues while cruising, if im just barely in it the truck kinda stutters/bucks. Seems to be around 50-70 mph when your trying to maintain speed. If you get into it harder truck is fine, its making good boost nothing really seems weird but its very annoying and im hoping to sell the truck soon. I dont have a cts or anything so i dont have any data. but anything I should look into right away? Thanks alot!

blueshift

Jan 29, 2024
Raleigh
This may sound a bit crazy, but check your transfer case. My truck did the same thing (a random, single buck / stutter only at light-medium load at cruising speeds). Was perfectly fine at <50 mph, and when under load.

The tensioner had worn through and the chain was slack / slipping.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Larsen, Wisconsin
Mine was injectors with that same behavior. Mine would stumble when you started to add load cruising to mildly accelerate. I've had customers trucks with the same issue be injectors, weak injection pump/sticking reg, wildly incorrect MAF readings (failed sensor) etc.

The best thing you can do is take a log and video of the truck watching converter slip, timing, duration, pressure etc. If you have an EFILive device I'd be happy to send you a PID list to log with. If you don't, I have devices available for use for this purpose, it just costs a deposit/core and shipping on those.