Lb7 still smoking

laser45v

Aug 1, 2014
Haven't checked compression. It only smokes at idle and clears out when I pull out. Haven't gotten to recheck passenger side. How do I put a picture up on here?

laser45v

Aug 1, 2014
picture.php

Dmax87

Dec 3, 2013
Need to see them after the replacement. Like already said where are the injectors from, I've gotten away changing individual injectors but they are always Bosch oem. It has also happened to where an opposing cylinder has given a bad balance rate to another cylinder.

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Balancing rates wont determine a smoking issue unless it's very drastic. They're only a starting point. Smoking at an idle is usually from the injectors leaking when not commanded on. How I used to diagnose a smoking issue was to get the engine up to temp, pull glow plugs, disable the EDU, then crank the engine over and observe fuel spraying out of the cylinder.

However I stopped doing that as I would replace only the smoking injectors and the truck would be back in a month later for the other injectors failing.

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
How can you really say? It probably is but again re do or re check your balance rates is the place to start.

Dmax87

Dec 3, 2013
To the op, have you tried cutting out injectors to see if the smoke goes away? I've had good luck this way if a balance rate is questionable.