LB7 Problems

2146xj

Jan 13, 2014
29 Palms, CA
So I'm gonna reduce this to points so its easier to read

• Radiator was taken out for water pump replacement
  • Sat in pieces for 6 or 7 months
  • Moving to present day, water pump replaced everything is all put together,
  • Now is where the problems start, the transmission was 9 quarts low filled it up while it was idling half a pint at a time and shifting thru the gears till the temp gauge was at 160 degrees and was full per the user manual
  • Reverse fully engages and moves the truck but go to put it in drive and range shift inhibit pops up, in drive it acts like its in neutral with no movement at all
  • I put the rear end up on jack stands so that there is no load thinking the clutches had dried out during its sit

• Put it in drive and it moves through all the gears just fine for around 3 hours, put it back on the ground still the same problem.
The truck is as far as I know 100% stock with 187,xxx on the odometer. I've read and searched on here and have yet to find the same problem. So my question is what is my next move

HDLBZ

Dec 21, 2013
Waynesboro, Pa
you may need to have someone flash the TCM if it sat unplugged for a while .I had the same thing happen to me with the 4x4 control mod.

2146xj

Jan 13, 2014
29 Palms, CA
it has a trans pan leak I do know that from the few drops on my driveway and crawling up under it

the CEL was on when I first started it up but once i filled it up and cleared the code it hasn't come back on but the brake light and abs light are both still on

when i read the code with an edge it was P0700 but I know that was only for the light

for more light on the situation I received the truck in the current state, I have no idea of the prior situation it was in

the TCM was not unplugged for more then a few minutes at a time if ever

2146xj

Jan 13, 2014
29 Palms, CA
After finally getting my hands on an appropriate code scanner to access the TCM, it didn't have any helpful information. So we ran the transmission thru its paces and it is shifting as it should electronically, but the clutches are not engaging with a load on it except in reverse.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2