Lb7 injector nightmare

duallydmax06

six six
Aug 26, 2014
hey guys looking for some input, I'm working on a buddies lb7 here's the story.......truck needed injectors and headgaskets also idled with a lope. Put new headgaskets in with brand new heads, then replaced fpr while I was in there, put new set of injectors in ( Bosch remans) also did new return lines, cleaned up hp lines put the truck back together, fired truck up it bled out and ran with a lope again, lope went away after about 10 min but would come back when you put it in drive. Decided to take it for a ride after a few miles started losing oil pressure crap! Sure enough oil full of diesel, drained it, tore truck back down found that I messed up a return line seal on #2 :mad: whoops my bad. Replaced all banjo seals on that side, put truck back together with some new oil. Ran truck seemed good but that damn Lopey idle was still there. 2 days later fuel in oil again 16 qts came out after 150 miles. Drained oil again put new oil in, just to be sure drove the truck until the level started to rise on the dip stick, 100 miles and drained out 12 qts of oil/ diesel. So definitely have another leak and I can't think of where it could be. Balance rates are good. The truck misses in the morning when cold then clears up, it also misses slightly when cruising at 60 mph. It also has some blow by, and still that Lopey idle. I'm gonna tear it apart again tomorrow but maybe I can get some opinions from you fine people tonight to brain storm a bit here

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
With the lope I am leaning towards a high pressure line. Did you replace the lines from the rail to injectors?

duallydmax06

six six
Aug 26, 2014
That is on my list of things to make for sure.In the morning I'm gonna pull valve covers and run it with dye in the fuel see if it shows up, thinking I may have 1 injector not seated too cause the blow by

duallydmax06

six six
Aug 26, 2014
Well I tore the truck back down and found a damaged return line that was leaking, fixed that and it's all good except it still idles with a lope especially in gear:confused:

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
May need the fpr pigtail. There's a bulletin on it. Loosens up like the #2 and 7 injector harness on lly's. Try wiggling the plug and see if you get a change.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
What kind of Fpr did you put on it, LB7 or LBZ? An LBZ fpr will lope on an LB7 unless you tune it out with EfiLive.