LB7 Cupless Heads

Jsawvel

Nov 5, 2015
I am new to this forum. I have a 2002 LB7 and I have a injector cup that keeps leaking and I have replaced it twice. I am tired of messing with it and I seen a old post for somebody re-doing the heads and making them cupless. I am interested in a set of these and just wonder if they are still around or if anybody has any suggestions. Its almost like the the cup seat in the head is messed up. I'm not running crazy horsepower but I know you can lift a cup in stock form.

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
They are used on your heads. Kit cost around 900 bucks I believe and comes with the tap.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jsawvel

Nov 5, 2015
Ok thanks! Is there a better brand out there or a recommended website everyone uses?

Jsawvel

Nov 5, 2015
Yeah I got the expensive loctite from the gm dealer that they use because I couldn't find it at a parts house near me.

Jsawvel

Nov 5, 2015
Yeah I couldn't find 272 at the stores for some reason. I asked the people that work there and they usually aren't any help

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Don't know why GM still reccomends 272, but loctite makes a specific loctite just for this application. You can buy it at NAPA as green sleeve retainer loctite. It is specifically designed for retaining sleeves in diesel engines. Be careful though as tehre is another type of green that is a low hold formula.

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
It would be helpful if we knew what was done to the truck. If its stock you just need the proper loctite and hold downs torqued properly.

We had all kinds of cup issues. Eventually eroded the head so it wouldn't ever seal so we had a set welded. I have the cad file somewhere of the cups we made. Worked well. Takes a talented welder to do it though.

If the head is not damaged, I would be all for trying loctite again versus pulling the heads to have the welded.