Ladder bars

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Im thinking of building a set of ladder bars for my truck but im unsure of the dimensions and the exact design. I understand the concept but im still a little hazy on the preload feature that everyone talks about. Any advice on dimensions or design would be greatly appreciated.

ChevyTruckGuy78

Twins done Now for trans
Feb 7, 2010
Ct.
im doing spring clamps due to i use it too much for work and dd just need to get off my ass and put em on

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
From what i hear from those who have them if theyre built with the correct geometry then there is no difference in driveability as long as theres not to much anti squat built into the bar. I know it sounds really redneck but i was considering putting an adjustable length bar from a tractor 3 point hook up so i can adjust the length of the bars for different driving conditions but im not sure if that is a good idea or not. I wish someone who was an expert on the subject would chime in right now lol

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I got two top links from TSC and got some 2"x2" square tubing and ground the top links square to fit into the tubing. I made a bracket to bolt to the frame for the front and then made a bracket for the rear that bolted to the U bolts on the rearend works great

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
I got two top links from TSC and got some 2"x2" square tubing and ground the top links square to fit into the tubing. I made a bracket to bolt to the frame for the front and then made a bracket for the rear that bolted to the U bolts on the rearend works great

Could i get some pics? If you want to email them my email address is [email protected]

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
i have a set of trac bars sitting around i dont need then now that i have cal tracs let me know if you want them, they will fit a short bed truck

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Im in the process of building mine now i am using johnny joints and a shackle on the frame five foot back to the axle and two pieces of 1/2 mild around the axle. 1"x2" square tubing. Mine are not adjustable thats what im hoping the shackle will do along with help with the anti squat. i have a crappy sketch i drew up
picture.php

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
I have built a few myself. I use the Currie Johnny Joint. They are hard to beat. There isn't any problems with driving or articulation in the suspension.