Kryptonite UCAs & Steering Kit

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Had these parts here waiting to be installed for a bit. Decided this weekend was a good time to tackle it. Did the UCAs first. Super easy install. Perfect and straight forward job. Love the bolt in ball joints. Don't ever plan on replacing them again but a nice feature for sure.

Once that was done I started on the tie-rods, center link, and idler stuff. It all came a part pretty easy. Hadn't planned on replacing my pitman arm but the threads were pretty messed up once the stock center link was removed. So I took out the power steering pump bolts to drop the pump enough to get a puller on the arm. It slid right off with a couple cranks on the puller. Will pick a new one up at Napa tomorrow and hopefully finish assembly tomorrow night.

Will post some pics shortly, very impressed with the Kryptonite stuff. Their idler kit is beefy as hell. And the big support brace fit the frame perfectly.

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
Finished up everything tonight. It all went together easy and I just eyeballed the toe of the tires. Will take it for alignment tomorrow.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Torque specs I can look up tomorrow at work but I'm pretty sure the instructions had the tq's listed. As for a lowered truck the ball joint has to come through the control arm instead of being bolted to the bottom to maintain proper angles. I bolted mine to the bottom and have had the t bar bolts out a few times at the track and the angles weren't to bad but I wouldn't daily drive like that.

Mar 13, 2012
Bham, AL
I torqued everything at install but I have driven about 1000 miles since and want to recheck everything. Of course I threw everything away when I got done.

That would be great if you could look up the specs!

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
KRYPTONITE UCA TORQUE SPECS
Bump stop to control arm: 15ft-lbs
Ball joints to control arm: 22ft-lbs
Arms to frame mounts: 100ft-lbs
Ball joint to spindle: 60ft-lbs

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
After a couple weeks driving the truck I've really been impressed. I'm sure the stock stuff being 80,000 miles worn affects judgement some. But it feels so much tighter and responsive. Handles high speed cornering with more of a positive feel and the UCAs have improved the ride. Still contemplating swapping out the Bilsteins though, never have been happy with their ride.

LB719

Aug 26, 2014
San Clemente, CA
After a couple weeks driving the truck I've really been impressed. I'm sure the stock stuff being 80,000 miles worn affects judgement some. But it feels so much tighter and responsive. Handles high speed cornering with more of a positive feel and the UCAs have improved the ride. Still contemplating swapping out the Bilsteins though, never have been happy with their ride.

I heard that they were coming out with LCAs as well, I eventually want to replace my my UCAs, LCAs, and knuckles. My truck came from Wisconsin and the previous owner didn't keep the salt washed off, so it has some pretty bad pitting and decay on them. I cleaned them up and painted them but they need replaced.