Question: keep h2's or go back to pyo's

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
I currently run 285s on H2s and i have been considering going back to pyos for a few reasons.
1. They are lighter so i should cut better 60ft. times and get better mileage if go back to 265s and 2. I hate my bfgs and want different tires.
So what is everyones input. Or do you think i should keep my h2s if i like them and wait until i can build my trans and make more power?

1953drtelco

Feb 24, 2010
Riverside, CA
I currently run 285s on H2s and i have been considering going back to pyos for a few reasons.
1. They are lighter so i should cut better 60ft. times and get better mileage if go back to 265s and 2. I hate my bfgs and want different tires.
So what is everyones input. Or do you think i should keep my h2s if i like them and wait until i can build my trans and make more power?

I know the 285's on the stock rims is not recommended, but is there an issue running 265's on the stock rims???

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
I wouldn't be scared to run either tire on the pyos.....have a friend that's been running. 35s on his 02 dmax since it was new.

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
how much meat do you have on your tires? what color are the wheels?

i have 265 bfg's on pyo's that ill trade your strait up for. mine have about 90% tread life left.

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
how much meat do you have on your tires? what color are the wheels?

i have 265 bfg's on pyo's that ill trade your strait up for. mine have about 90% tread life left.

I think id want a little cash on the trade ......you're in Mississippi?
I have the 08 h2s that are machined and polished.I can text you a pic if you give me a number. @

Jscherbs

PIN IT TO WIN IT!!!
Oct 27, 2009
Canton, MI
I think id want a little cash on the trade ......you're in Mississippi?
I have the 08 h2s that are machined and polished.I can text you a pic if you give me a number. @

IM in MI but I work for a trucking compnay so deliverys can be arranged. PM sent.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I think with only 1 trip to the track your guessing at best that the H2s are the problem. You don't even have any logs and I only lost 0.5 MPG going to H2s at hwy speeds. Do whatever makes you happy, but IMO you need more time to see whats going on for sure.

Last edited:

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
When I went from stock wheels and tires to 285s on h2s I lost 2 miles per gallon at the time. I agree that the wheel and tires proble aren't tthe problem but I was wanting different tires and wheels anyway. Im pretty wishy washy when it comes to how I want my truck to look lol. Thanks for all the advice and comments.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
i have the h2s and love them,i want to get some tires for my pyo's street strip drag radials if they make the rite size so when i go to the track ill have a nice lite set with good traction,its a pain to change but i dont want to give up my h2's

nailski

Nov 11, 2011
Keep the H2s! I saw a truck exactly like yours in Lockhart a few months back...had the same wheels as you have...nice lookin ride.:thumb: PYOs are great for a stock rim but the H2s are safer to run bigger tires and look better IMO. Hopefully getting mine powdercoated next week.