Just Wondering

Vrabel

TOYAHOLIC
May 22, 2008
Hewitt, NJ
So, is a day comming when the value of our trucks drop all of a sudden like a Harley? Remember 5-8 years ago when guys asked 20-25k for a 4yr old bike?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
With 06s being 8 y/o now, I think we're close. Have to admit I'm surprised how these trucks hold their value relative to other types of vehicles.
Im surprised my 03 is still worth around $13,000.

Last edited:

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Up in my area guys are still asking 25-35 for nice 05-07 trucks. I have been looking lately for another DMax and they are definately holding their value. 07.5 and newer, 40+.

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Up in my area guys are still asking 25-35 for nice 05-07 trucks. I have been looking lately for another DMax and they are definately holding their value. 07.5 and newer, 40+.

That's how it is around here as well. You find absolutely destroyed 400,000 mile 01-02 lb7's for 8-9 grand then you find a clean 06 75,000 mile dually and it sells no problem for $33,000.

03spoolindmax

Nov 9, 2011
Mi
The prices of any diesel here in michigan are redicioulous. People are still paying the prices for them though. I doubt they'll drop anytime soon.

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Yeah it all depends on the area. I've been offered over 20k more than once for my 02 this year alone.

People be crazy

dmaxbowtie

Duramax fiend
Jun 2, 2011
RI
i bought my 03 about 5 years ago and got a decent deal because they were going for 24k plus at the time. it took me a year to find a clean low mileage black ex cab with leather. now I've seen them on craigslist in good shape with 130k for 13kish

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Exactly :rofl: Hell I'd take 20k for my 05 without a second thought haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

because i don't need the money like i need a 100% emissions free duramax truck that has been nothing good to me. just because someone offers me money doesn't mean its a good decision.

besides i looked for 2 years for the perfect truck why would i throw that away.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
because i don't need the money like i need a 100% emissions free duramax truck that has been nothing good to me. just because someone offers me money doesn't mean its a good decision.

besides i looked for 2 years for the perfect truck why would i throw that away.

Well I'm one of those boneheads that sells a truck/atv/gun/other toy because I make a little profit and think I can find something better. Then months later I look back and think "you damn idiot why'd you do that" and it winds up costing me more in the long run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

plowboy_lbz

Farmer
Aug 6, 2013
The diesel pick up market is a lot like the used farm equipment market. Our John Deere tractors that are 5 yrs old are worth more than what we paid for them. The biggest reasons being that they are good tractors, no emissions, and the price of new tractors have gone up so much that the average farmer can't afford a new one but doesn't want a pos. So he will pay quite a bit for a good well maintained used tractor. It's crazy to think that our 20 yr old JD tractors are still worth more than what we paid for them.

Lb7 and lly prices may drop (a lot to due to higher mileage) but I'd expect a well maintained lbz ( cream of the crop) prices to stay fairly high no matter the mileage. Especially if the price of new truck keep climbing. Why give $60k plus for a emissions ladden hunk of iron. When you can have a nice lbz for less than half the money.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
Was going to search for a stock Lbz take out motor. Return my truck back to stock and sell it off. Put the built motor in the corner till I use it again. I want a crew cab I have found a 2010 Lmm and a 2013 lml I like. Really liking the Lmm and serve as a test bed more then anything. And for towing the Camaro around after playing with it.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
My buddy and I bought '07's at the same time and we both have about the same mileage. We both agree that it would be better to take the cab off, sand blast and paint the frame, re-paint the truck if needed, redo brakes and drivetrain except engine for say 30g than to spend 70-80g for the same as what we have now with all the emissions BS. Only diff is warranty.
I'm keeping mine as long as I can if I ever get it running again.:( At least another 10 years.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
My buddy and I bought '07's at the same time and we both have about the same mileage. We both agree that it would be better to take the cab off, sand blast and paint the frame, re-paint the truck if needed, redo brakes and drivetrain except engine for say 30g than to spend 70-80g for the same as what we have now with all the emissions BS. Only diff is warranty.
I'm keeping mine as long as I can if I ever get it running again.:( At least another 10 years.

I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not buying a crew cab.
Mind you these are my cost.

Even 1/2 to is up there.