July '24 Chat -- Things that go "Boom" in the Night, and other random thinking

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I haven't bought any fireworks in years. No more kids young enough in the family anymore.

Used to, before the prices went insane, buy the bottles of black powder and have fun with that. Long lines in the streets and watch it zoom along. Or one of my favorites. A large coffee can with magnesium shavings and a healthy serving of powder in it. A fireball 30' in the air with white sparks shooting all over. The kids seem to like it better because it's much quieter. The noise always seems to be what scares the little ones

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
We've got a new neighbor about 1/2 mile down the road that did a display last year that rivaled our township's. We did our own small displays for years when the kids were in their teens.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Baby driver. Haven't even seen the movie but it's still recognizable.

No parking but obviously stuff is being parked there. 😛.

Like the mason jar storage. I got that exact same aluminum step stool/ladder at work. They are pretty awesome if you don't need to get too high

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
There is something about fireworks that gets the local county boys going wild around here. I’m not too excited about them myself, I’d rather save the money and do some fishing or buy a truck part. Lol

Reactions: lutzjk913