It's ALIVE!!!!

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Finally got my LBZ fired up tonight :D. Took some coaxing since the fuel system was bone dry, but fired up and ran smooth. Only problem is I have "Reduced Engine Power" in the DIC. At this point, although the throttle works with the 06/07 GMT800 gasser pedal, I'm assuming that's why it's throwing the REP message. The other odd thing is according to my V2, I'm still getting a P0540 & P0405, but according to the Tech2, I only have the P2128 for the APP2 signal (the other "ghost" codes I used to get on the V2 but not on the Tech2 where wheel speed sensor codes :confused:).

Just need to finish the intake pipe before I can hit the road with it. Right now it's just going from the pipe to the bridge to the CAC tube with no support.... First time I hit the throttle with it like that, I'm sure it'll pop out of the bridge.

Anyone have any thoughts why my V2 is still reporting the Grid Heater and EGR codes even though they're turned off? Is there a "reserved" code or two that needs to be turned off?

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Are you using the proper OS for the engine/transmission ?

Haven't changed it. The ECM & TCM came with the motor and I haven't even updated it with SPS yet (The ECM is a few revisions out). Only change I've made was to disable the codes set by the lack of EGR & Grid heater.

Last edited:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
EGR code will prolly stay hidden in background. I dont think there was ever a fix for it and I dont think it was really looked into...

Did you use the Reluctor wheel I sent or did it take too long to get there lol.

GMC_2002_Dmax

The Still Master
cant change the transmission OS. ;)

I thought there was only 1 LBZ ECM OS?

Actually you can with a TECH II, but you already knew that...........:thumb:

ahhh I meant like change it back and forth with EFILive...which is what Tony was referring to. :D

What I was trying to get at was if the OS is correct for the motor and the OS is correct for the transmission then nothing has changed and all Dave needs to do it sort out a few codes, most likely the TP is something he may have to address with table C2201-C2206............:eek:

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
The correct pedal should be arriving soon, so we'll see what happens when it gets here...

Did you use the Reluctor wheel I sent or did it take too long to get there lol.

It got here in plenty of time :thumb:. I haven't used it yet but will be when I tear down the LLY motor and swap the LBZ top end over to the LLY bottom end so I can take my time building the LBZ shortblock and not worry about cracking a piston and trashing the block.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
hmm i wonder if i can flash 2006 allison tcm to a 2008 cal with a tech2?

Technically, yes, since the TCM part numbers didn't change until late 2009 MY, but the 2008 OS most likely won't work with the LBZ ECM, tap shift and other electronics due to the change in comms protocols for the LMM's. The tap shift goes through the BCM in the LMMs, but straight to the TCM for the LBZ, the LBZ still uses Class2 for DIC display, whereas the LMM uses either HSGMLAN or LSGMLAN.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
FINALLY got the right pedal and got to drive it. :happy2:

Runs good for the most part, the only "oddity" is it has a "hiccup" off idle from a stop where it seems to surge a little when first applying throttle. Anyone have any ideas?

braebyrn

Loving the LBZ
Aug 6, 2008
WA
FINALLY got the right pedal and got to drive it. :happy2:

Runs good for the most part, the only "oddity" is it has a "hiccup" off idle from a stop where it seems to surge a little when first applying throttle. Anyone have any ideas?

Glad to see you got it running. My conversion hiccups when I mash the pedal to the floor. Seems to stall then haul butt. Are you used to the different sounds the turbo makes? Isn't it quieter?
Rick

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
I'm glad to see this as I just picked up a truck to pull the LBZ/6speed Alli out of to replace my tired LB7. Did you swap the shifter, guages and all that too?

Yes, I have a 2006 cluster and shifter installed. You'll need to swap both the shifter and the part it bolts to out of the 06 truck, otherwise the lever will be indexed wrong.

Glad to see you got it running. My conversion hiccups when I mash the pedal to the floor. Seems to stall then haul butt. Are you used to the different sounds the turbo makes? Isn't it quieter?
Rick

Overall, it's quieter, but turbo isn't all that different since I had a LLY.