Is Your S&B Air Filter Housing a POS Like Mine??

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I really like my S&B Air Filter, but the housing it is in is a POS IMO. When I first got it, the lid never fit right and left 1/8th" gap on one side between the edge of the lid and the edge of the box. Not a big deal other than I had to stuff a rag in there everytime I washed the engine.

Now, 100 000km later, 3 out of the 4 screws holding the lid down have seized and broke off inside the box, the cover broke around 2 of the screw holes and I can't make the box fit for love nor money-almost like it warped or something.

Anyone else have issues like this or is it just normal that after a couple years they are junk????

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
Before I had twins, My S&B lid fit like shit on my LLY, I got mine on clearance from a vendor who was dropping the line, so for the price it wasn't bad, but if I had paid retail, I'd have been pissed.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Can't say much on the Duramax but the one I got for my old Toyota Tundra fit together excellent. It was one of the best intakes I'd ever had

Sint frum tha orijinul smert fone

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
I have an old S&B intake on my truck, probably one of the first ones. The box is warped and I have to squeeze it together to get the clear lid to bolt on. I have a new S&B intake to put on, but you're not making me feel better Dale. :D

bml2200

Oct 16, 2008
IL
Had one on my 06, fit terrible and eventually cracked the plexiglass cover and fell off somewhere. Called and complained, customer service was a joke.

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
I've had em on a few of my trucks and always been happy, i currently have one on my LLY, this thread surprises me as well lol

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've had an S&B intake on my truck for almost 2 years, and it still looks brand new.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
ive had good luck with mine but i needed some parts before and i played hell with them trying to get them. They wanted me to buy a whole new intake.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Well I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Like I said I think they make a great filter, just not impressed with the box it sits in. Must have been the early production models that were less than par.
Looks like I need to get EPR to make me a custom intake right off the turbo.......:D