Is CompD down?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
No idea. I cannot get on either. Gotta go find Wayne's phone number. Dave's on vacation.

Ben, you're on TDG? I didnt know that.

C.A.P

Feb 16, 2008
There is a major power outage with the server board I was told ! Not Comp D fault but rather up stream!

fordt

Think Done Deals
Jan 3, 2007
Vero Beach, FL.
www.abcamping.com
There was an electrical fire (explosion) in The Planet's Houston 1 Data Center. Currently they are working on restoring power, but until then we wait :eek:

I have not spoken with Tim or Phil, but I assume their server was located in the same Data Center, about 9,000 servers are offline. They do not know when the will have power back, but there are rumors of Monday by 5pm.

fordt

Think Done Deals
Jan 3, 2007
Vero Beach, FL.
www.abcamping.com
For those who wonder.
Faulty Transformer Blamed
A fire at The Planet's H1 data center in Houston, Texas on Saturday has taken out thousands of websites.

In messages posted on the web hosting firm's forum, the company blamed a faulty transformer for the fire. No servers or networking equipment were damaged, but the data centre remains without power, after The Planet shut down all generators "as instructed by the fire department.

About 9,000 servers and 7,500 customers are affected by the outage.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
There was an electrical fire (explosion) in The Planet's Houston 1 Data Center. Currently they are working on restoring power, but until then we wait :eek:

I have not spoken with Tim or Phil, but I assume their server was located in the same Data Center, about 9,000 servers are offline. They do not know when the will have power back, but there are rumors of Monday by 5pm.

Good luck with that, Wayne. I get a short vacation from hunting spammers! LOL