interesting!

2trout

Mar 14, 2012
Cameron MT
www.2trout.com
when I bought my '02 2500HD a month ago I was told that it was 'chipped', but nobody knew how.
Anyway, I drove it for a couple of weeks and I worked out that I was getting about 16-17mpg's around town.
The other week I took it to the local GMC dealer and had it re flashed to factory settings, as I really did not like the idea of not knowing how it was programmed.
Driving it after the re flash, I really could not feel any difference in the overall performance, but to my surprise, my mpg's went up to 18+ around town, have not yet had a chance to do hwy......now thats quite a difference!! It will be interesting to see how it goes in the coming weeks.
I am also having all 8 injectors replaced, as they are still the original ones and two are off the scale and a couple of others are going that way, truck has just over 100k miles, so wonder if that will make a difference in the mpg's as well!

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Welcome to DD and concragts on the new (to you) truck.Ctrump90 just got his truck Tuned by Bo bo (Bob Olson) and is getting 20.9 hwy hand calc so it is posibble to get decent mpg