Interesting new leveling kit

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
http://zoneoffroad.com/zone-offroad...t-kit-chevy-gmc-2wd/c31-c32#details_container

Found this leveling kit by zone. It actually drops the differential. Comes with uca, and shocks and keys. What do yall think? Im trying to clear my 20x12 -44 offset fuels wrapped in 33's x12.5. I dont want to go as high as a 4-6 lift, but more leveled. Right now i have the torsion bars maxed out and i like the look of the way it sits but the tires still rub with some aggressive trimming, but obviously i hate the ride. Would this be enough in yalls opinion or just bite the bullet and do a full lift. Really cant afford the whole lift right now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
do you still have stock UCA or different ones? they dont drop the LCA and give a new knuckle so you still have to have a cranked torsion to get the desired height. looks like they include lift keys which will do the same with less cranking of the bolt as you currently are.

its not a lift i would do any 4wd launching on either, just cause the CVs are at a better angle doesnt mean you are good to go. steep a-arm and steering angles are the main cause

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Ahh dang yea im definitely all about doing things right the first time. Looks like ill be doing a cognito. Any other options similar to the cognito? But more reasonably priced? I like the non torsion bar drop aspect though. And with the cognitto i have to buy the front drive shaft they sell too?!!

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
No I don't think you need the shaft.

Might be able to get a tuff country 4"??

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Says if you plan on running 4x4 over 25 mph you need it lol no way im gonna spend over 3 grand just to fir my wheels and tires and still be abke ti do boosted launches. This sucks lol any other lift options out there?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Says if you plan on running 4x4 over 25 mph you need it lol no way im gonna spend over 3 grand just to fir my wheels and tires and still be abke ti do boosted launches. This sucks lol any other lift options out there?

Thats total BS! Maybe if you run the kit @ max height...maybe then because the yoke can pull out?

Ive got the Cognito 4-6" kit and Ive ran my truck in 4x4 with the stock 4x4 drive shaft up to 120mph MANY TIMES, granted, Ive done so with the lift lowered all the way and I'll be honest, it doesnt feel "right" at that speed, so Im not syimg my experience is a benchmark...so take that however you want...

I also have the DC shaft Cognito sells...used it for 500mi and took it out, I felt like the stock shaft was better for how my truck is set up

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
4-6" packages don't need the CV driveline, it's a recommendation. 4" turned down will get you around 3.5". 33x11.50, 9" wheel and 5.0-5.7" BS is the largest combo without trimming.

PS: keep the stock shaft if racing/pulling ;)

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Well alright haha so much confusion and options. Looks like im gonna do a 4-6 inch cognitto NTBD lift. But turned down to 4 inch. With that set up do you guys think ill clear these 20x12 -44? It almost clears now but with crappy cv angles. Only spot it hits is the left side tire rubs the rear lower part of fender when turning left. Also on cognittos website it says upper control arms are required to turn it up to 6 inch but i wanna run this lift on the low side at 4 inch. Should i still get those control arms anyway? Are they that much superior to stock? Thanks guys

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
You don't need the UCA's at 4", the last 2" is achieved by UCA's and the correct rear block. If somebody is wanting to go to 6" it's best to start out with a 6/9" kit turned down, so CV angles are perfect.

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Ok makes sense, thanks everyone! Looks like i need to save up some money.