Interceptor

Midnightrider

Jan 5, 2010
Ok for give my newbness. On my gas truck i run a Dual Aeroforce interceptor guages and a autometer C2 A/F guage. Do the interceptors work with the diesels and the OBD2? I like the ability to monitor whats going on with the scan guage. Also if i get a EFI tune i will want to own the V2 interface and software. What kinda $$$$ am i looking at for the tune and interface. I allready have HPtuners so its hard to justify owning both tunning software programs... I really like the socal diesel over head guage pod. Many of my buddies use that in their trucks. Again my goals are not to have a 1/4 mile monster just a work truck with a decent tune thats not going to eat my tranny and motor.

BlkMax

Sep 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
I have the AeroForce duals on my LB7 and they work great!

You need to fill out your signature so we can see what you have. There are differences between the engine types that effect what you can scan with the AeroForce gauges.

EFILive can be purchased from many of the vendors on this site, including the site owners, PM Kat and ask her what McRat Racing is charging. Most of the vendors here will provide a tune with the purchase of the software/hardware. I know some guys are running HP Tunes on their D'maxes, but most are running EFILive.

I do not know about HP Tunes, but EFILive will also allow the use of the DSP5 operating system that gives on the fly tune changes, another good option. I know SoCal sells the switch.

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
efi live software is free. can go download it now. the V2 hardware is what you purchase and allows for the transfer from computer file to ecm/tcm.

HPTuners has a decent package for the duramax also so if you've already got that, I'd venture a guess that you'd be fine using that. Member trentnell used to have it and should be able to help you a great deal on tuning one of these dmaxes with it. The number of folks using EFI Live for duramax tuning is a lot more than those using HPTuners and that is one of the many advantages to EFI Live over HPTuners as far as the duramax goes.

No idea about your questions on those gauges. My guess is that if they work off the OBDII port, they'll likely work on the duramax as well.

And welcome to the site! :thumb: