Intake Heater Help Please!?

gnar13

Jun 8, 2010
Tally,FLA
So, i want to delete my intake heater and everything i'm reading says you need efi live to turn it off. if i dont have efi can i use my xcellerator to clear the dtc and get the cel off? will having the circuit to the heater still active hurt anything?

gnar13

Jun 8, 2010
Tally,FLA
thanks. i don't have access to efi, so it looks like i'll just be clearing the codes. unless theres any way i can get a friend at the dealership to shut it off but i dont even know if they can do that

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
Maybe post up in the Florida section and see if anyone wants to make a little cash and they can permanently disable it for you?

gnar13

Jun 8, 2010
Tally,FLA
just did it tonight. used the drain plug. wasn't sure about the rubber o-ring on it so i reused the copper one from the heater. put a cap terminal over the wire, filled around it with liquid elec tape and then taped it up enough to survive a bomb blast. haven't thrown any codes yet. we'll see what happens when it get colder out

gnar13

Jun 8, 2010
Tally,FLA
can also use a CFM AIH delete for a 7.3 cost $20 & has 1/8"NPT tapped hole

i didn't know those worked on the duramax...might pick one up to replace the drain plug when i get around to getting a boost gauge to keep from having to do all the drilling and tapping

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
just did it tonight. used the drain plug. wasn't sure about the rubber o-ring on it so i reused the copper one from the heater. put a cap terminal over the wire, filled around it with liquid elec tape and then taped it up enough to survive a bomb blast. haven't thrown any codes yet. we'll see what happens when it get colder out

after 3-4 key cycles it will probably give you a CEL

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
You won't set a cel untill its needed to turn on. The wire can be removed all the way to the relay. It takes a little bit but its not hard to do. Then you don't have a wire floating around you don't need. it runs all the way back to the firewall next to the turbo. You will def want to clear the code everytime it comes on. I left mine alone when I had the ppe and it started playing fits with my tranny. Also I made my own boost reference out of my iah. If you cut everything off flush with the threads and then pop the stud out from the top with a hammer you can drill and tap existing hole.

DIESELMAFIAPER.LB7

<----new hotness
Jan 17, 2010
idaho
shop.dieselmafiaperformance.com
Ya You could use the cfm but the drain plug is cheap an quick to.find though I might upgrade to that an you wont get a cel light ill it gets cold enough to need it so in Florida I doubt it will come on much mine came on once it got down to 45 or so an kicked on but it never did before I turned it off lol like three weeks later I'm lazy