Installing Allison

jhall30

Oct 6, 2011
NC
i have the trans back in and bolted to the back of the engine
as I am hooking everything back up I noticed the NSBU switch that is on the trans I have now (used) is a single plug....the one I took out had 2 connectors...so is this as easy as replacing with the 2 connector and it's good?

The second question is....it's about time for the converter bolts to go in
(I bought this truck with the trans out already and in the bed of the truck)....so what is the best way to align the converter bolt holes with the flex-plate holes?...and the easiest...best way to get them in....I just picked the new bolts up from the dealer and they have a Loctite strip already on them so I suppose that's sufficient or do I need to add more?

thanks for all the help

TexasRob

Dec 19, 2012
Canyon Lake Texas
i replaced my rear main last weekend the best strategy for aligning the flex plate bolts that i found is generous use of the phrase "f*ck its almost there" then "shit its way off" :thumb:

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
i have the trans back in and bolted to the back of the engine
as I am hooking everything back up I noticed the NSBU switch that is on the trans I have now (used) is a single plug....the one I took out had 2 connectors...so is this as easy as replacing with the 2 connector and it's good?

The second question is....it's about time for the converter bolts to go in
(I bought this truck with the trans out already and in the bed of the truck)....so what is the best way to align the converter bolt holes with the flex-plate holes?...and the easiest...best way to get them in....I just picked the new bolts up from the dealer and they have a Loctite strip already on them so I suppose that's sufficient or do I need to add more?

thanks for all the help

You can either use a screw driver and rotate the fly wheel through the starter hole or you can use a 15/16" wrench on the alternator and rotate it counterclockwise to turn the fly wheel to the correct location.

Just make sure you loosely install all the bolts as you go before you snug any of them up. Others wise you be using "TexasRobs" work in going back to loosen the ones you have in to get the remain bolts in, been there :mad:.

Yellowchevy

Bonestock

Aug 9, 2010
Worland Wy
Pull inspection plate and use screw driver to rotate converter while using other hand to feel for flywheel holes. Start em all in and tighten them loosely. Then once they are all in torque them all down. It's not too bad once you get the hang of it.:thumb: