Injector size ?

J17HENRY

May 23, 2009
alabama
how big injector would it take to make 900hp in lb7? whats the difference in the way some injectors are rated, some are by hp and some by %

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
It really depends on what you use the truck for and how often you plan to run it on kill. If it will spend the majority of it's life at a more reasonable level for street driving, and you don't really plan on racing it much, I would stay on the small side. 100% injectors will be a PITA to get to run clean on the street. 60s would easily do 900 and would be a lot easier to run in a DD application.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
It really depends on what you use the truck for and how often you plan to run it on kill. If it will spend the majority of it's life at a more reasonable level for street driving, and you don't really plan on racing it much, I would stay on the small side. 100% injectors will be a PITA to get to run clean on the street. 60s would easily do 900 and would be a lot easier to run in a DD application.
I totally agree Josh.I told Bob i wanted to to run clean and make 900 h.p or a little more and he said go 60s for a DD and 80s if i wanted to get serious.I told him i was 1/2 serious and i was going 70s lol

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
how big injector would it take to make 900hp in lb7? whats the difference in the way some injectors are rated, some are by hp and some by %

I never understood how a company could say a HP rating on a injector?
It all has so many varibles!

You could almost do it with a stock injector but your PW would be so high that the motor would probably not last very long.

As Josh said it depends on what you want to do with the truck.

60 overs are the min i would ever go and if you want to go bigger as in a race only aplication, go min 150 over.JMHO everything else is a waste of time

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I have 60 overs and can't wait to go bigger (I am about 850 HP now), for 900 I would go 80 but that is just me. You can do it with anywhere from 60 to 100 overs.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I have 60 overs and can't wait to go bigger (I am about 850 HP now), for 900 I would go 80 but that is just me. You can do it with anywhere from 60 to 100 overs.
your pulse width is almost maxed right now with 60 overs and 900hp

going to 100s isnt going to drop it much IMO

The only issue on big sticks for non DD is getting a turbo to spool,It difficult to dial in large turbo spooling if you add to little / too much fuel.
Other than that on the big end you want large quantity of fuel in a short duration.