Injector Issue? Need some input

Specialized89

Apr 25, 2010
Calgary, AB, Canada
Driving home from work tonight, noticed the truck was low on power. Got home and realized my S&B intake had fallen apart. This has happened once before with the same results so I tightened everything and started the truck back up.
Now has a very noticeable lope to it. Checked the insight and found these balance rates...
#1 = -1.7 park +0.5 drive
#2 = -8.5 park +11.6 drive
#3 = -2.3 park +0.2 drive
#4 = -3.5 park -3.3 drive
#5 = -1.7 park -2.9 drive
#6 = -3.0 park -4.0 drive
#7 = -1.3 park -4.0 drive
#8 = 0.0 park +1.4 drive

Fuel pressure gauge shows the Airdog is putting out its required pressure, and truck had thrown no codes. I DID put some 2 stroke oil in this tank to see if it would possibly improve economy and to add some lubricity. The problem started about 1/4 way through this tank.

Any input on this would be really appreciated

Specialized89

Apr 25, 2010
Calgary, AB, Canada
Updating this.
Took the truck out the next day and beat on it a bit. All problems went away.
Then tonight I leave work, shut the truck off at the store, then start it back up. problem returns.
#3 and #7 read +12.0 and the rest read -4.0.
Had to get the truck home so I drove it slow. By the time I got it home the problem was gone again.

I was thinking of possible diesel fuel gelling since it has been -27 C lately, but fuel is draining from my water separator with no issue, no water in the diesel either.

Any input?
Suspecting an electrical problem, just unsure of where to look.

Thanks

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
My buddy had a very similar problem and after a ton of trips to the dealer, they figured out it was a loose connection at the ecu's. Keep us up to date and good luck!

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Possibly a problem with your ficm?

LBZ does not have an FICM. The ECM is 32 bit so it can handle the fuel injection process unlike the old 16 bit ECM in the lb7 and LLY...

I would think hat you have a short or wire rub thru issue somewhere in the injector harness...

Specialized89

Apr 25, 2010
Calgary, AB, Canada
No codes at all. It felt like it was running on 6 cylinders when driving it last night.
Will check ECU connections and the like and report back.

It just seems odd that it did it after my intake fell apart. Could find no damage wires or connectors anywhere in that region though.