In need of new rims and tires

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
What's the biggest I can go on on 2005 lly. And I want rims with some offset that stick out a little better. At the most I would do is a leveling kit. Right now it has 265/75/16 on it. But I also don't want to go to big where it takes up the whole wheel well and looks goofy. Any ideas guys? Input is much appreciated and if y'all have pics too that would be killer! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Also if I do need to slightly raise the truck to fit some nice tires and wheels how should I go about that? Torsion bar lift? I read something about keys too. Or just a leveling kit? And if I mess with the torsion bars that will change camber right?

TLyons90

Apr 22, 2013
Greenville, SC
You have a couple different options when it comes to raising the front end of your truck up. A being tighting up your stock tortion bar bolts which should give you a little over an inch or more in the front for clearence. B being buying new leveling keys and replacing the stock keys which will give you a little more then what just tighting the bolts would do. Either way after you get done you are going to need to go get an alighnment done because yes your camber will be off and make your tires wear unevenly.

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
You have a couple different options when it comes to raising the front end of your truck up. A being tighting up your stock tortion bar bolts which should give you a little over an inch or more in the front for clearence. B being buying new leveling keys and replacing the stock keys which will give you a little more then what just tighting the bolts would do. Either way after you get done you are going to need to go get an alighnment done because yes your camber will be off and make your tires wear unevenly.

Ok sounds good thanks!