LLY: I'll let you guys poke fun at me

Mwaterman1

Oct 30, 2014
pittsfield maine
Whelp, I've been pulling some pretty heavy hours and last weekend my carquest water pump took a dive, so I got back today and swapped it out for a pinned pump, well I got all done and went to start it and click, couldn't figure out what the **** was going on, then I remembered I had my flywheel lock in. 20 mins later... Suppose I'll start drinking
3e4fe52d3fac9db9ffc35018d780c5de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mwaterman1

Oct 30, 2014
pittsfield maine
Never cleaned my motor! Haha but I can imagine that creates a problem right off the bat, especially if your at a car wash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chad006

Drag racer wannabe
Feb 12, 2015
Goodlow, B.C.
Ya pressure tested my charge piping the other day, had to run to another chore. Didn't get back to it till next day and someone had closed my hood. Jumped in and went to fire it up...... Nope! plug+compressor inlet= no starty! :D

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
We where painting a 69 vette at a buddies shop and had the motor covered in plastic. Someone fired it up to move it out of the way. It crushed the air intake covers (double pumper) and I'm not sure if it damaged anything else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Took me 2 or three days to find where my under hood light plug went on my 01. Didn't stop me from driving it but it was driving me nuts. Other than that loosing a few headlight pins on the track somewhere has happend to me to.

holyshitbatman

holyshitbatman
Mar 17, 2015
Albuquerque new mexico
I got one I sold my shitty cts to a dude on fb and I detune my truck to stock and I accidentally hit a yes instead of a no because my buddy was distracting me sent it off and now had to get it back and send it back again being it's still Vin locked to my truck.now my funds for efi are on hold till I get this thing back to the guy I sold it to.smh.I know I'm just a newb but I try to jump in on any thread I can.I wish I could contribute more to the forums.I'm not loaded and it wouldn't be possible for me to own a diesel without the knowledge on here.just wanna say thanks to all the awsome DD members.

ALLY Fox

Old Man Truck
Dec 14, 2010
Oregon 7S5
Working on my truck one day, stuffed a rag in the intake horn to keep stuff out. Reconnected everything and started it up and it smoked like crazy .... lucky it didn't eat the rag!

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
I left a screwdriver inside my intake for a year until it decided to go in my turbo...took 2 weeks for me to figure that out. You're not alone man:rofl:

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Replaced a cracked SoCal head, and forgot to connect the #8 injector wires under the valve cover. Drove it out of the shop, and it went into limp mode. :eek: Back into the shop, and back under the valve covers. Ran great once the injectors were all hooked up.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Dad was working on the '79 olds diesel and started it with a rag over the intake. Many hours later after bumping the starter and pulling on it with needle nose and screwdrivers, said screw it. Started it up, no interference noises, then floored it several times (probably to red line) and we picked the pieces up in the driveway after they exited the exhaust.

Don't think you are the only one who has done something bizarre. Most won't admit to it.