i want opinions

03maxpower

Jan 20, 2009
somerset, pa
i cant decide to go with either 16x9 or 16x10 im going to put 285s on for sure but not sure on the rims suggestions and why please thanks

radvans

Jun 4, 2007
SoCal
I would think an 8" would be better for that size tire. Are you doing any off roading? On the street it might be alright but off roading it would give you less sidewall to flex if you are aired down. Also the 10" could cause the tires to stick outside the flares, it makes a real mess down the side of the truck when you hit even light water...i have my 35's for that.

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
I would go with the 9" rim...but be sure to check the backspace and offset...this will determine how far they stick out on the truck.

For example...the h2 wheels are 17x8.5" w/ a 5.5" bs and a +18 offset. To give you an idea...with 285s the h2s will position the tires flush with the factory flares.

Personally I would not want a tire sticking out past the flares...it beats the hell out of the paint and makes the truck a rip to keep clean.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
I personally like the wheels sticking out past the flares because it gives it a more aggressive stance IMO. Only about an inch or so though. I'd go with the 16x9 with a negative offset but that's just my preference

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
If you run to much + off set, the out side edge of your tire will rub the back of your fender & inner wheel well. It happened on my truck 285 75r 16 on a weld typhoon 16x8 I don't remember the off set but they did stick out past the stock flares about 3/4 of a inch.

I also had the torsion bars cranked to the max which started a new problem, crappy tire wear. You can't get the alignment perfect with the torsion bars cranked to the max.

I think Cognito sells a UCA that helps your alignment with cranked torsion bars.

Just trying to help, the tire wear & rub can get real annoying.

Duramax_JP

Jul 3, 2008
burn down: doesn't a negative offset stick the wheels further outside of the wheel well?

03maxpower

Jan 20, 2009
somerset, pa
thanks for the replys everyone i was looking at rims tonight and my wife said go with 18s so shes the boss it will probably be 18x9 unless i get the diamos then it will be 18x10