I wanna hear the turbo!!

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
what can i do so that i can really hear the turbo spool big time? just bought ppe programmer and boost increase valve...

aluminum intake... thats about it. You need to upgrade the turbo to hear more

921500Z71

Apr 14, 2009
Kansas
What they said. Intake exhaust and no more resonator. Lots of people say they can hear mine pretty well and i have a straight pipe. I cant hear it all that well though the motor drowns it out. If you had a vvt truck you can listen to them whistle all day;)

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
01 doesn't have a resonator in it. I know mine sings pretty good in the burb. I'm running an AFE stage 1 dry filter, and a pieced together diamond eye exhaust with a 4" CORSA muffler. With a stock tune it doesn't do much, but my modded tune with timing REALLY makes her talk. I didn't port my mouthpiece, but I did go in and de-burr it and bevel the lip inside of it when I was doing the swap.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
i miss the sound of my twins, sounded like i was sitting in a f-16 everywhere i went. and hauled ass like one too!!!!

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Remove your air filter.. Just have to be careful not to drive on dusty roads or stuff like that.. I wouldn't drive like that very long even, but if you want to show off for a couple minutes you'll be fine

03bigdmax

May 13, 2009
01's dont have resonators so dont listen to that. heres the list...

super diesel modded intake horn
intake
4'' turbo back straight pipe
a big tune
and if you have the coin a downpipe which are spendy for lb7's
ppe boost valve also

this is gotta do it. and i have all of this on my 03 lb7 so im speaking from experience too.. oh and my tunes are from mcrat and they will smoke my 37" toyo muds while im doing 25 mph when i get on it hard! people trip out on that! lol thanks pat your the man..