I think my torque converter is shot?

White lb7

Oct 29, 2015
Ok so I'm not really sure what's wrong I've had a few places tell me it's torque converter but I don't know if it's that or my clutches slipping. If anyone knows what's up with it it would help a lot. It's an 2001 lb7 and it shifts fine no real problem until I get in the gas real hard. My rpms spike and boost builds but It just doesn't go. It feels like I have all the power it's just getting lost in the trans has anyone had this problem before? The truck is all stock with efi tunning

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
You need a built trans. There is no magic fix for running a tune and a stock trans.
Converter can not make the trans slip.

White lb7

Oct 29, 2015
The trans runs at normal temp. I can't remember the code that it threw when I went into limp mode bc it was so long ago but I do remember it starts with PO I believe and I'm running ryans diesel performance tunes which aren't that great and trans did overheat a little one time I'm not sure why it did but it hasn't done it since then and like I said is shifts great has no problem until I really get on the gas

White lb7

Oct 29, 2015
Well I was thinking I'm May just be the torque converter that was screwed and I could just replace it but I've been looking at having my trans built and saying to hell with just fixing it

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
To you or him?

Him. He don't sugar coat crap. Tells it straight forward. Once you ignore his advice then call it quits. Mikes one of the best out there

Its not worth dropping 1300 on a converter with a stock trans. Not worth dropping 3500 on a trans with a stock converter.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
All I can say is, you will love a fully built trans. Complete with converter of course.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Ok? That was real mature buddy

I'm not your buddy. You seem to be looking for lollipops and rainbows for you Allison and it's not going to happen. Find a forum that will blow smoke up your ass.
This forum is for the big boys.

White lb7

Oct 29, 2015
That's what I was sayin. Ok I didn't type it correctly. I was saying I was thinking about going ahead and doing the full build converter, trans and all when I had the fund to do so but if I could have replaced just the torque converter and it be fine I would have thanks for the help:thumb:

White lb7

Oct 29, 2015
I really don't give a **** I was just wanting to know exactly what wrong with my truck I didn't know if I just had shitty tunes or if I had actually screwed my trans bc like I said it only does it when I floor it

Last edited: