I got a new tool in the shop

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
This is a kinda long video (THIS IS NOT ME!!!!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAalPYScuwI&feature=related ........I picked up one of these saws a couple weeks ago at Lowes for $299. I have blown through 1/2" plate steel and alot of smaller metal tubing. I'm very happy with how it performs, and for the price I don't think you can go wrong. Very nice not to have dust everywhere from an abrasive blade. I highly recommend this saw for anyone looking for home shop/hobbyist use.

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
I bought it at Lowes, but you can find them online. I was strolling through and saw it out of the corner of my eye. I'm glad I picked it up, it makes a nice straight cut every time:thumb:

Dudgy

Runaway
Jun 1, 2010
Alberta
I guess i could just stop by a lowes and pick one up myself on my trip to florida. I love how cheap tools are in the states compared to up here in canada lol

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
I got 2 of the dewalt dry cut saws in the shop and will never go back. I have the blades sharpened a few times a year for $20 as long as they don't have too many teeth missing. but if you have to buy a new blade get the MK Morse( CSM1466NSC ) they are pricey but well worth the money. they even make a blade for stainless but it is around $400+- last time i bought one.

yellowchevy

Sep 9, 2010
Louisburg, KS for now
I bought an evolution chop saw 4 years ago.
I'm on my second blade and have had no problems with it.

I bought mine from the welding supply shop. I got the chop saw and circular saw. I think the circular saw is more handy/useful than the chop saw almost. I've cut ALOT of sheet steel with that, nice straight cut.

Yellowchevy