Howdy Folks!

tech141

USAF Retired
Feb 24, 2010
Belleville, IL
Howdy Folks,

Just bought a 2006 Silverado LT CrewCab 2500HD, with the 6.6L Duramax LBZ, and 61,000 miles. Traded in my 2005 5.3L Silverado because I bought a 30-foot Travel Trailer, and needed something with a higher Tow Capacity.

First drive was 365 miles (from Bella Vista, AR to Belleville, IL) and logged 18 MPG. Looking to improve that number. The truck/motor seems to be bone stock, so I'm working with a blank canvas, Mod-wise.
Been lurking here for a while, and thought I'd register now that I have a Duramax of my own. I can see there is a Plethora of knowledge here, and an looking forward to learning everything I can about my truck, and even contribute when able.

Looking forward to talking to you all...

Mike.

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
6.6L Duramax DIESEL, CCSB, 6-sp Allison Trans, Duraliner Bed Liner, Hypertech Max Energy on Level 2, Pro-Max Stainless Steel bed rails, SWEET steering wheel cover

On Hand and Awaiting Install - MagnaFlow Pro 5" Turbo-Back single exhaust, BAK Retractable Tonneau Cover, Diamond Eye Downpipe, Banks Intercooler Pipe, EGR Block off plate, Autometer A-pillar guage pod with Boost guage and pyrometer

Last edited: